Southampton (A) - Post Match Thread

Good fightback but rubbish overall.

Sterling terrible.

Very disappointed with Foden. Wanted him to tear up the league this season and not doing it.

Darren England on VAR is a ****. Should have been a pen and a red.
Foden has been my fav player (and most here too) since he finally made the first eleven regualarly. But like you,argyle, I'm concerned that he's not living up to the high expectations we all have of him. He keeps passing the ball on to a colleague rather take a player on as we know he can. Maybe a few niggling injuries are the cause. He's the homegrown player that we have been yearning for and let's hope that he will tear up the league eventually.

That was a long arse day. Iam getting to old for these sessions now haha.
A great day and great support again in the main, we have some really shite songs though.
Credit to saints first 45 mins but second half we woke up, shame that VAR seemed to stop our rhythm as a goal seemed like it was coming. 2 points lost or 1 point gained ? I know if we would have said 12 wins and 1 draw in our next 13 games we would have loved it.
We are still the team to beat.

Had a few bad half’s recently and got away with it at Brentford and Arsenal. We need to start raising the level of performances, especially in the 1st half
Maybe you missed the Xmas period and missing players due to covid and injury.

good response in the second half and in the end unlucky not to win! saints are a tough nut to crack these days especially at st marys 13 unbeaten.

Both Shearer and Murphy agree that the penalty decision was correct. According to Shearer the foul was “on the line so no penalty”. Errr….Alan, on the line means in the box according to the laws of the game. As always, top quality punditry from the bbc. Fucking Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles would do a better job than these clowns
The ref did not even give a free kick.

good response in the second half and in the end unlucky not to win! saints are a tough nut to crack these days especially at st marys 13 unbeaten.
When they scored that early goal, I thought it was going to be one of those days where we lay siege to the opponent and they pick us off on the counter. It turned out that we were to dominate the rest of the game. Sh't happens as they say, and you have to deal with it. Any away game is fraught with danger. Liverpool will probably beat Palace today, but what if Palace get an early goal? It can easily happen to the best of teams.

I am looking forward to this afternoon of Palace v Liverpool and Chelsea v Spurs.

VAR probably cost us. I don’t think it was a penalty or a red card but both lengthy delays seems to either knock the wind out of us or allowed Southampton to reorganise whichever it was - we had them at sixes and sevens after our goal and until those two stops.

Fair point in the end. They scored a great goal and worked hard - hats off to them. Was a lot more entertaining than the draw at ours.
Bang on. Once again var ruins a game.

When they scored that early goal, I thought it was going to be one of those days where we lay siege to the opponent and they pick us off on the counter. It turned out that we were to dominate the rest of the game. Sh't happens as they say, and you have to deal with it. Any away game is fraught with danger. Liverpool will probably beat Palace today, but what if Palace get an early goal? It can easily happen to the best of teams.

I am looking forward to this afternoon of Palace v Liverpool and Chelsea v Spurs.
frustrating match for lots of reasons as it usually is against southampton but like pep said after the game , i did not expect to be so far clear in january so i am happy to trust the manager and every single one of those players that we are lucky enough to be able to see play in a city shirt!

I think Pep hooked Sterling because twice he was in the penalty area and waited for the ball to come to him and defenders got in first.
It happened fir the missed chance also. Gave the keeper time to get across his goal line for the block. Should have moved towards the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.