Southampton (A) - Post Match Thread

Some of the comments are ridiculous but you can't blame some fans for expecting more from a player that cost £100m.
I know the fee isn't his fault but that comes with the territory i'm afraid, happens to all big money buys at every club.
Personally, i think he'll come good and prove to be a decent buy when he understands what is required of him
Was he playing inside of Foden? I think Sterling was switched to the right in the absence of Mahrez. Sterling didn't have a great game but I thought Foden and Grealish worked well. 2nd half KDB started to run the game.

I am expecting Grealish and KDB to get better and better now. KDB would not have been able to play like that earlier in the season. he could strike the balls but he couldn't do the running. Game by game he is improving.

We will need a healthy KDB at the end of the season and at key moments. The season is actually looking brighter as it progresses.

Next battle: Fulham.

Agree with this.
A foul was committed.
Was it just inside the box for a pen?
Was it outside?
A very close call.
However, a foul was committed so we should have got a free kick at least, I believe.
Not if the ref misses it, these things happen.

Agree with this.
A foul was committed.
Was it outside?
A very close call.
However, a foul was committed so we should have got a free kick at least, I believe.
I can understand the ref not giving it when he probably thought was that inside the box, was it a foul. All I saw in real-time was KDB getting sandwiched. It was a tough call. I think video showed a foul on the line but the VAR probably thought it was not enough to overrule the ref.

I hate these VAR grey areas. These are where the Man Utd and Liverpools get the calls and for the rest of football it''s a lottery. I would rather they get rid of VAR and put all the trust in the on field ref. I think if he had to make the call on his own, he might have given the pen because he would have been forced to make the absolute and final decision in the moment. VAR is an excuse not to make decisions.

Agree with this.
A foul was committed.
Was it outside?
A very close call.
Does VAR do that though? They just say pen or no pen.

The problem with VAR is the lack of transparency.
Why aren't the refs and VAR miked up as they are in Rugby?
The challenge on Laporte was a red all day long and would have been given if it was the other way round.
The penalty shout was inconclusive just like the one that the Tarquins didn't get against us and the ref won't be asked to have another look unless there is a clear and obvious error.
The difference is City and the media won't spend the next week cry arsing and bitching about a decision that didn't go our way

One of those days. The boys tried everything but it was not meant to be. Have to give credit to Southampton for defending so well especially the Ghanian Lad Salisu!!! He was a beast!

We could have won this game and we even could have lost it. So a draw is still better than a loss!

The day VAR turned up for the race
Look at it again then again in fact you could replay it all night it will never show 100% penalty the red card definitely but not the pen

VAR this year has been OK for us imo but all teams have a bad VAR day

We didn't deserve 3 points hats off to Southampton AGAIN we just don't get it right against these & Pallace they seem to get results

That 1st 45 was a shambles 1-0 was fortunate we left space everytime Cancelo fucked up a better team puts 2 maybe 3 in against us in that 1st half

Maybe having 2 week rest doesn't help?

No room for sulky fuckers get fucking shut Pep

Last edited:
Look at it again then again in fact you could replay it all night it will never show 100% penalty the red card definitely but not the pen

VAR this year has been OK for us imo but all teams have a bad VAR day
I wasn't sure it was a pen, but if a City player had made that challenge that Armstrong made i'm 100% sure if would of been a red

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.