Southampton (A) | Post Match Thread

What? You think we were good?

By asking if that's the worst 4-1 ever I'm saying have we ever come out with such a convincing scoreline that doesn't match the performance.
We were better against palace midweek than we were today, we were better in the 1-1 draw against them in the league at Saint Mary's than we was today. One of our poorest performances of the season on the whole yet one of our better results. Some poor mistakes from them and some moments of pure class primarily from our subs put a shine on that. Not complaining, give me another 16 of those please, result was all that mattered but in my opinion Pep won't be pleased with that performance despite the inevitable interviews saying the usual about us being so so good.
We were almost as bad in the 0-5 in Lisbon,can't remember us losing possession so many times in a game as that.
It's difficult criticising the team when the final score is like yesterday's but the reality is if we continue playing as we have been in the last 7 or 8 games there will be no trophies getting picked up this season.
Hopefully we will step up as we normally do when needed but criticism is fair the way the team are performing at the moment.

And that's exactly why I dislike them: They couldn't even sell a reduced allocation. - But it got worse.
The twats complained to the PL and we had to give them a full allocation free of charge the following season IIRC and they "sold" those only because their club subsidised transport.
Whatever you do Ged, don't tell @Corky - he reckons Saints sold out their allocation for that game and they sold it out fast as well!

Singing "your support is fucking shit" back at them when they piled out after the forth was great.

They were piling out after third ! Some started going after the second.

I was surprised how quickly the Southampton's fans to our left walked out. That seem to be the singing area yet gave up very easily. In what was their cup final.

We were really poor that first 55-60 mins. Not sure we'll get away with it if it happens again this season. Won in the end though so all is good. Great to beat these game raising Saints as well, annoying twats. Really concerned about the form of Jesus, terrible yesterday and we need the whole team bang at it from here on in.

We were really poor that first 55-60 mins. Not sure we'll get away with it if it happens again this season. Won in the end though so all is good. Great to beat these game raising Saints as well, annoying twats. Really concerned about the form of Jesus, terrible yesterday and we need the whole team bang at it from here on in.
Their goal was a fluke, they hit the post from a misskick,
couple of half chances, but a lot of hoofball, which we found difficult

In Pep we trust, and all that.

However, we're fast approaching that point of the season where a half baked selection (like last year's FA Cup Semi final) or even a poor 30 minutes will see us exit a competition.

From the opening day at Tottenham, we've rested and rotated, in stark contrast to the nucleus of Liverpool's team featuring in every major fixture. I think we'll soon discover which method was best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.