Southampton (A) - Sat 8th April, 17:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling to figure out what Pep's starting 11 will be given we play Bayern only 3 days later. Haaland may be given extra rest so could be another start for in form Alvarez. Bernardo didn't start on Saturday so I reckon he'll be starting for either Gundogan or Mahrez who have both been in fantastic form. Walker will be back and I would rest Stones for the Bayern game and it will be interesting to see if Laporte is given any game time. Hopefully we put this game to bed early and Pep can rotate with half an hour to go and give run outs for Rico, Phillips, Perrone, Gomez etc.
We could do with giving Laporte a start for fitness/being upto speed reasons & maybe Alfie jr off the bench for the last 30 for the same reasons.

I actually hate playing Southampton away, They always seem to do pretty well against is at St.Marys.
Since 2013 we have 5 wins from 10 games away at Southampton.
They've managed to beat us in the League Cup QF also this season at their place.

A lot has changed since the League Cup game, We are bang in form lately and we are in that sort of form that we look like we are going to destroy anything on front of us.

Realistically we should be turning these over and I fancy us to get the job done, Maybe things will be a bit more complicated because we have Bayern on the Tuesday night after Saints.

Always a tricky fixture, regardless of where these are in the league. Watched them yesterday and they couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, but you know they'll only need one chance against us. So just be ruthless and no sloppy passes at the back and we'll be fine..hopefully.

__________________Ederson_______________

Walker_____Dias____________Stones______Ake

_________________Rodri__________________

_______Kevin_______________Bernardo_______

Riyad__________Alvarez___________Grealish

It's a dilemma whether to play Haaland. To have any chance against Bayern we have to go there with a lead so Haaland has to play on Tuesday. As for Soton, I think if we play like we did against the dippers we should win comfortably. Just don't need to concede a free kick within shooting distance because we know Eddie isn't getting anywhere near it. That Sulemana geezer worries me, he looked very good dribbling through the middle against West Ham. All it takes is a trailing leg or a Rodders rugby tackle to bring him down near shooting distance or worse.

Strong team. Cant give Arsenal a free hit v the dippers the next day. I can see Haaland being on the bench even though he'll probably beg Pep to play him.

I think Bernardo will come in to give Gundo a rest but dont see too many changes beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.