Southampton- get 50% of food and drink offer! OR NOT?

You need to factor in 95% new staff at least on counter duties for game one, that'll reduce to 50% by mid-season when all that are left are either decent at their jobs or thick skinned.

I've got to say for what £10 per hour 3 or 4 hours in our bars wouldn't inspire me to do it for all the shit they take.....anyone kicking off with them (untrained, rabbit in the headlights) should demand a supervisor and give them shit for not training them. The amount of times staff can't pull a pint or even know which pump is which is shocking. I don't do food inside but I've noticed empty shelves early on which just shouldn't happen with any planning (supervisor again).
Completely agree with one caveat - probably all changed (may be different catering company but with similar flaws I’m sure) but I worked in one of those concessions as a teenager (in our first season at the COMS) and tbh the “supervisor” was often another casual worker they just appointed on the day for an extra £3 an hour… base criteria seemed to be “are you a bit older than the rest and have you ever done a shift before” and you were then responsible for the take etc. You would hope supervisors would get some training etc but never seemed to be the case. The ones to go after IMO are the actual catering managers who from my recollection were complete and utter nasty incompetent c*nts. Definitely low down the scale of jobs I’ve ever done!

I had an interesting exchage with the counter staff in the ground today. I went to the food counter to get some drinks for my kids, they had some zero percent Heineken in the fridge so I asked for one of those also.

Them "sorry we can't sell you that"
me "why is it in the fridge then?"
Them "we just keep it in our fridge for the bar further along"
Me "really, I bought one from this same counter at the Norwich game"
This other man comes across from behind where they cook the food and tells me no I didn't as they don't sell it, even though it's in their fridge and apparently I don't know where I bought it from last time.

They then told me to go to the bar further along to buy it. So I went there and they send me back to the food counter and told me that's where you have to buy it from.

I went back to where I started and said the bar staff had sent me back there. So they called this supervisor over who told me that they don't sell Heineken 0 there. I asked why it was in the fridge then. He then asked the staff if they did sell it there and they said it was in the fridge. He then said OK we will sell you one then, I didn't think we sold it! He then said actually you can just have one seeing as we have messed you about.

None of them seem to have a clue what they are doing. I wonder if they have the supporter services people working the bars & food counters on matchdays.

Sorry mate wasn’t targeting you. I was just sick of reading complaining posts from loads of people about different things - only then to see them reported in the media.

Yep - true about food. I never buy any. But guy next to me does every match.
Other fans and the media aren’t ripping us for shit food and drink customer service.

I had an interesting exchage with the counter staff in the ground today. I went to the food counter to get some drinks for my kids, they had some zero percent Heineken in the fridge so I asked for one of those also.

Them "sorry we can't sell you that"
me "why is it in the fridge then?"
Them "we just keep it in our fridge for the bar further along"
Me "really, I bought one from this same counter at the Norwich game"
This other man comes across from behind where they cook the food and tells me no I didn't as they don't sell it, even though it's in their fridge and apparently I don't know where I bought it from last time.

They then told me to go to the bar further along to buy it. So I went there and they send me back to the food counter and told me that's where you have to buy it from.

I went back to where I started and said the bar staff had sent me back there. So they called this supervisor over who told me that they don't sell Heineken 0 there. I asked why it was in the fridge then. He then asked the staff if they did sell it there and they said it was in the fridge. He then said OK we will sell you one then, I didn't think we sold it! He then said actually you can just have one seeing as we have messed you about.

None of them seem to have a clue what they are doing. I wonder if they have the supporter services people working the bars & food counters on matchdays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.