Southampton- get 50% of food and drink offer! OR NOT?

Looked like a copy and paste headline from last league game but nobody told whoever loaded it up to remove offer. Pure laziness as well as incompetence and typical poor service that we are being accustomed to having. Quite often receive emails from companies which has wrong offer or broken links etc but ordinarily I will receive a follow up email apologising for the error and ensuring info is correct. Not hard for City to do surely unless of course nobody has picked up on the error

The downside to turning up early is that the incompetence at the turnstiles means that it doesn’t necessarily result in you getting in early.
IMO better to stop and get some grub before you get there.
You’ll get there a bit later but you’ll get decent food and pay half what you’d pay for the crap served on the concourse.
Yep totally agree. We did it for the 1st game, more because of the uncertaintly over the mobile tickets than the 50% offer. And what happens, they couldn't even open the gates at the time they'd advertised. 50% off the crap they serve isn't going to entice many.

You’re picking completely the wrong target, if you’re trying to suggest I’m habitually or even frequently critical of the club, but I’ll hazard I’m far better placed than you to comment on the provision of food and drink at the stadium, which is an absolute fucking disgrace btw.

Sorry mate wasn’t targeting you. I was just sick of reading complaining posts from loads of people about different things - only then to see them reported in the media.

Yep - true about food. I never buy any. But guy next to me does every match.

Fuck the media and fans of other clubs.

The club doesn’t have to be perfect in every way but it should offer a decent level service to its paying patrons.
-That should start with making it easy to get in the ground once you’ve bought your ticket not making it a chore to go to the match.
- Decent quality of “football” type food and booze options and a reasonable price once in the ground, especially if they are encouraging people to arrive early as they know the new mobile ticket system is hit and miss at best.
- A fair standard of overall customer service when contacting the club over tickets etc

The club has failed miserably on all the 3 points above so far this season and took until this week to hold up their hands and admit it so I think people have a right to moan at present.

Hopefully we will see marked improvements across the club in the coming weeks but I fear the club will just pay lip service to the known issues and within a week be back promoting the lastest “wework” sponsor deal to “City fans” in Outer Mongolia.

The club know the vast majority of us won’t walk away from the club due to issues listed above even if they don’t fix them as we love the club more than we hate the current match day “experience”

Again it’s subjective views. I’ve had no problem getting in with my mobile ticket & everyone around me say the same - & we’re ST holders of over 30 years each.

It’s a new system that all clubs are struggling with - maybe we just hear about our problems.

I don’t often buy food but again, guys round me do & have no complaints but maybe they’ve just been lucky

Hopefully all problems will be ironed out now that we’re at the 4 th home game.

A slight variation on the theme, but it has always amazed me how catering and bars at the first few games of a new season are so shambolic. It is like a business opening for the first time ever, with no continuity or good practice from years gone by. It is slightly more forgivable this time due to the year off, and on catering I’m not sure we are any worse than most other clubs. The ticketing and customer services debacle is peculiar to City I think.

Again it’s subjective views. I’ve had no problem getting in with my mobile ticket & everyone around me say the same - & we’re ST holders of over 30 years each.

It’s a new system that all clubs are struggling with - maybe we just hear about our problems.

I don’t often buy food but again, guys round me do & have no complaints but maybe they’ve just been lucky

Hopefully all problems will be ironed out now that we’re at the 4 th home game.
Defo subjective mate...guess it depends on where you sit, last 2 home league games they’ve ran out of booze before HT in EL3 and a lad I sit with queued 15 mins to get a pie that was still frozen solid in the middle, he just eat round the frozen middle as he couldnt be arsed queuing back up!

I don’t think anyone is expecting a 5 star service unless your in the tunnel club but the club defo needs to pull its socks up....hopefully like you say that will start from today.

Im not in the know or anything but I have heard there is a free packet of cheese & onion crisps today for anyone who stays to the final whistle.............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.