Southampton (H) | EFL Cup 4th Round | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D D

Deleted member 81382

Hard to tell if their 9-0 loss to Leicester makes this a great time to play them or if they'll have a reaction.

Fernandinho suspended although I doubt he would've played anyway.

We should see plenty of rotation with the likes of Bravo, Walker, Otamendi, Garcia, Angelino, Foden, Mahrez etc., coming in for this one.

Flat back 11 of a mixture of second stringers (who will put everything in) & first teamers after a bollocking.

We've got them twice in a few days, none of this slow stuff, get the tempo going and stuff them both times.

I'd be starting with a strong side and make changes at HT when I'd hopefully expect the game to be over.

I know Ota will probably play but I'd pick:

Bravo, Walker, Garcia, Harwood-Bellis, Angelino, Gundogan, D Silva, Foden, Bernardo, Mahrez, Jesus.

More minutes for Phil please and no Fernandinho (even if suspended next game), no Kev, and no Mendy and I'll be happy.

I would imagine we'll play some youth and fringe players and 'rotate' others, which will lead to a less than slick performance.
Southampton will probably look to not concede after their battering, which will compound the problem.
A match day thread to avoid (aren't they all!) and probably not much better in the post match, but I still expect us to win by one or two.

A narrow win would settle Southampton down for the PL fixture, where hopefully we'll be back to full strength and then batter them ourselves.

putting foden and one of the young lads at centre half witht he rest of the tema being main team players shouldnt be too much a risk

We shouldnt let the 9-0 fool us -infact it could be the worst thing for us as they will be determined to restore pride. We also have to remember they aint going to play as open against us (they wouldnt have done regardless whether tht Leicester result had happened or not) and they wil have 11 men for 90 mins not just 10 minutes (probably)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.