Southampton (H) Post Match Thread

Started like a train playing some superb attacking football with speed and clinical efficiency. Ederson makes an error of judgement to give away the pen and then the game is fairly even. Even after the 4th goal I thought Ings and Long caused us a fair amount of trouble and they created some decent chances to make the score closer. In the end we run out comfortable winners but Mendy is undoubtedly vulnerable defensively however much he brings to us from an attacking standpoint (which is a lot). Has to be said that Sterling is in the form of his life and was our best player today. Fernandinho is so consistently excellent too - having a great run of games last few weeks. Both Silvas also were really good although Bernie faded a bit second half. Good to see Foden get more minutes. All in all a great day with another high scoring spectacular.

Really enjoyed that. The first half felt like an exhibition of football. How lucky we are for all this. Decent atmosphere as well. Mendy needs to wise up. Sterling was fantastic and if there's one thing the scousers will absolutely hate, it's Sterling being a success at City. I love that thought.

Not disputing his team work, he worked his socks off.
Also he creates more chances while dribbling and attracts opponents which creates loads of space for our players to exploit.
Pep let’s players to express themselves in the final third. Defenders shit their pants when kun tries to dribble inside the box . The fear factor can cause chaos . Did you notice his dribbling inside the box today ? That little meg between the legs of their defender ?
Kun is a world class player and he can dribble as he wishes.

Buzzing with the win but Mendy’s form is a real worry going in to the Derby

Well where do I start,probably about the bollocks I posted about this being a possible typical city game,hahahahaha how wrong was I this team for me is still not at full tilt,although I feel we are far better than last season so far,more so defensively.sterling looked unplayable at times along with sane, aguero,silva and Bernardo unbelievable attack and movement,if I was to critique anything then Mendy at times gets caught in possession to easy at times,but his attacking prowess probably gets him away with it,but against better,savvy sides (champions league) he will be exposed more so,games can’t come quick enough for me as watching this team is just absolutely fantastic,roll on weds and then Sunday we have a score to settle with that shower ..

Once again a joy to watch, we are witnessing something very special in our history.

Sterling was superb, I wonder if the "experts" on match of the day will give him the credit he deserves or will his performance be glossed over for a slating of the Saints defensive failings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.