Southampton (H) Post-Match Thread

So what's the solution?

What I suggested at half time - get to the byline and get in low, pacy crosses. Both goals came from that, much harder to defend against.

Credit to Foden (I think it was) whose pass ahead of Angelinio forced him to drive forward and throw it in first time.

Yeah but we were fucking shit and then the diapers get their goal at the end to make it all meaningless really.

We’ve failed to turn games around this year, it’s something we needed.... remember, everyone is willing these frauds on, which in the long term will work in our favour.

I’m buzzing after that, we concentrate on ourselves because when we do, nobody touches us, it’s been the same the last 3 seasons. Don’t discount what that will do to the spirit in the camp, yes it’s been mirrored by the dippers result, however, they have been churning these results out for a few weeks now, it’s becoming the norm which will eventually bite them on the proverbial!

No danger of that. It doesn't. Six points right at the beginning of November is nothing very much in the grand scheme of things. We were further behind last year much, much later in the season. But it has to be said that Liverpool are looking ominous, and anyone who denies that is just being wilfully blind. The game at Anfield is bigger than ever. I'd take a draw right now, if I'm being honest. But this team as it stands doesn't really do draws. Laporte, Zin, Rodri not fit. These are big misses, honestly. What kills me is how the dippers simply don't seem to pick up major injuries. Virtually all last season, now this. How the f*€@ do they do it?!
Exactly, just can't afford to lose next week.

crackers. great comeback. Some of the repeated tossing in of floated crosses got right on my tits after a bit, but eventually we remembered to play some dangerous stuff and the relentless shots off target soon turned to goals.

Euphoric and gutted in the space of 5 minutes...not sure anyone played that well but at least it was an exciting watch I. The end and good to hear the Etihad in full throttle. Please beat those jammy ****s next week!

They have a pretty easy home game in CL while we have to travel to go Atalanta who are dire in CL but pretty strong in Serie A. I hope we wont be extremely tired for the Anfield game.Pool can afford to rotate the first 11 and still win at home.

PEP Two seasons ago the goal was later! It’s quite similiar. Like two years ago, they scored form their only shot on target. We were so patient. We were aggressive. The rhythm was high from the first minute. Big compliments to the team it was was not easy and we did it.

PEP They defended with 11 players and didn’t allow you to go inside. There weren't any spaces. We needed people in the box. It’s almost impossible - they were so close. We were patient, but we were constant. That's why we made the comeback.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.