Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Once you go on the pitch you face an opponent, today we faced one that was totally deserving of more. A point is a result for us, my gripe is why Sterling didn’t see that Phil was the option to score, he knows he was close to offside so rule yourself out. A tap in for the winner was taken away by our own player.
harsh, incredibly harsh

We was terrible, worst I have seen us in a very long time and I have a feeling it may be the start of many similar performances. No striker, no focal point. Crossing it and no there, no runs thag a striker would make etc. Sterling past it, thanks for everything but time to go. However that is not given as offside for any other team but us.

This is not it. We beat the press enough, and we didn't concede so none of this matters. The fact is our midfielders and central Raz had a terrible day at the office, as well as our full backs.
We score through possession and relentless pressure. That all starts at the back and builds. Only the last ten minutes were southampton under anything like pressure.
it was piss easy fir them before that

The context has changed entirely from last season though. Gundogan had a freak season which clearly isn't going to be repeated and both United and Chelsea have brought in proven match winners. Liverpool already look re-energized with Van Dijk back. We're also going to packed away grounds now which is problematic for us as we rely heavily on rhythm. We effectively played 38 home games last year.

Or, put simply, do you see finishing above all three of the aforementioned teams come May? I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't see it.
Still the same group of players which he said couldn't do 20 on the bounce

What is your solution Dom? We need solutions

Do we?

Its a long and difficult season. Can't win every home game 5-0 and up against a difficult ipponent who has 2x the rest (not to mention 90% of their squad is coming off a 3 month break whereas ours played through it) sometimes you will drop points.

We move on to the next game. The senior payers will get a rest and some kids can stake a claim to help out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.