Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Mr Whippy looked as though he was playing with an injury

He kept holding his back/side
Tell you what he definitely is, a miserable fucker. Went over to take the first corner and got a roaring standing ovation from the fans. Nothing, nada, zip......he could have smiled or given them a wave.

Walker on the other hand when he comes on for the second half always goes over and acknowledges the fans.

There was a big rendition of Guardiola as well. Given what's going on this week, a little gesture of recognition would have been good.

It's not asking too much. Anyway, either of those would have at least made those fans feel a little better.

Tell you what he definitely is, a miserable fucker. Went over to take the first corner and got a roaring standing ovation from the fans. Nothing, nada, zip......he could have smiled or given them a wave.

Walker on the other hand when he comes on for the second half always goes over and acknowledges the fans.

There was a big rendition of Guardiola as well. Given what's going on this week, a little gesture of recognition would have been good.

It's not asking too much. Anyway, either of those would have at least made those fans feel a little better.
Something seemed out of sorts with him today

Does feel a bit like that doesn't it. Allows the players a ready made excuse, already have it planted in their minds, when a stubborn team turns up with no interest in rolling over, and the sun's baking on your back. When you really need to grind it out and show some grit.. nah, we've had a tough week.

Excuse at the ready, slack off. Rarely get out of second gear.

Not a conscious thing but it's an undertone.

Never seen us so static, hardly any runs off the ball. I have never seen us so laboured and make so many consistent, shocking, basic errors.

Truly awful today, and a bit of a worry how poor we were tbh. Especially with that really tough week coming up soon.
Pep is such a powerful authority figure that every single thing he says even outside the training ground or dressing room rubs off on his players. I think he will be ready for Chelsea though.

We had a poor day at the office, no big drama. Fern was crap and kept giving the ball away, Sterling anonymous, Jesus tried doing it on his own. Grealish was excellent again, Gundogan looked sluggish, I think those who played on Wednesday looked leggy. maybe we took this as an easy three points, I expected an easy win but was wrong. Anyway hopefully we have saved a few goals for the renties and dippers. CITY!
In the last 20 mins I was watching sterling closely. No running, no movement and was so easy to mark…

a lot of disappointing performances today and I thought I’d never say we’d miss Rodri but we certainly did…

Pep is such a powerful authority figure that every single thing he says even outside the training ground or dressing room rubs off on his players. I think he will be ready for Chelsea though.
Hope he says “Let’s win this”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.