Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Football equivalent to a bad day at office. Never seen Gundogan and Fernandinho play so bad. Ake defensively good but a bit Slow in possession. Sterling is living off past glories.
We can’t win them all and Southampton played well. What was irritating was the lack of urgency apart from the last 10 mins. We looked tired today.
What was also irritating was a referee not doing anything to stop blatant time wasting. But that’s a given.
I agree, but we didn't lose and a draw was a fair result.
They came to stop us and their tactics worked, but apart from their penalty appeal, they really didn't look like scoring.
The lack of pace in midfield is worrying though and we did look toothless up front for the majority of the game.
We didn't come alive until KDB and Foden were introduced and if Foden would have finished off his own rebound after a brilliant header and save, we would've, undeservedly, won!

we have no one else so hes going to have to be for this season.
id rather see foden "upfront"...his movement is just as good if not better and he is individually more skillful in tight spaces like the penalty area....he is more aggressive in the right moments as well

Oriol Romeu is a strange one isn’t he? Seems to go completely under the radar but often seems to play brilliantly against us. Good pedigree too, Pep’s Barca and Chelsea on his CV. He absolutely bossed that midfield today
He’s a superb player with a bad disciplinary record. I can only surmise that that stops him going to a bigger club.

Full on dogshit that. We were very fortunate to get a point, Southampton should have won and might have but for cowardice at the end.

We don't have any change of approach when our usual game isn't working nevermind a plan B. We're not capable of sustained pressure on their box late on in tight games, they didn't look like they were struggling to cope at any point today, they had us sussed and could have defended well into the night.

We also lack match winners, mahrez used to be one at Leicester, he has been moulded into something different, I don't see Grealish as one, kdb can be and foden is but that's it. Sterling was until he turned into a waste of kit.

I don't get why others are mentioning our start last season like it has relevance unless we're expecting the same things elsewhere. Do we expect Chelsea to be shit until Christmas? Do we expect Liverpool to capitulate for 4 months? Do we expect united to be as shit as they was? Do we expect us to go on a 15 game run again? Those are 2 precious points dropped, United played poorly against them away and still won, Chelsea and Liverpool will brush them aside.

We now have to go to Stamford Bridge and anfield and win just to keep pace. Nothing positive to take from today. The fans turned up, Pep and the players didn't.
Thought utd drew

Wow! You are such a valuable addition to this Forum….NOT. You ever watched Manchester City live at Maine Road or the Etihad?? Followed results for a year and using “our”….Fucking absolute nerve.
We have a Trophy Hunter in the Forum……….
Careful, it might be Kim Jong Un.

Had a drink have you ?
Why would I call you a rag?
I have never ever called any one on here a rag
So it it is ignorant & ridiculous for me to say
We won.the League
We won the League Cup
We got to semi final of FA Cup
We got to final of Champions League
All with the same squad except for Grealish ermmm
What's wrong with them facts
Swamp and rent boy. Insults thrown at a City fan who disagrees with you. Grow up.

id rather see foden "upfront"...his movement is just as good if not better and he is individually more skillful in tight spaces like the penalty area....he is more aggressive in the right moments as well
I think you're being harsh on Torres.
We missed him today and even though he isn't your traditional number 9, he's proved for us and Spain that he knows where the goal is and can score regularly.

I agree, but we didn't lose and a draw was a fair result.
They came to stop us and their tactics worked, but apart from their penalty appeal, they really didn't look like scoring.
The lack of pace in midfield is worrying though and we did look toothless up front for the majority of the game.
We didn't come alive until KDB and Foden were introduced and if Foden would have finished off his own rebound after a brilliant header and save, we would've, undeservedly, won!
No apart from the penalty appeal they didn’t have any clear cut chances. But especially in second half down our right side they had some possession where a better side would have created chances.
I agree we looked slow in midfield. Hopefully that is down just to players having an off day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.