Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Disappointing, took us 80 minutes to waken up. Not sure why Walker would have been sent off had that been a pen? Ridiculous decision from Moss.
Poor from the midfield until KDB and Foden came on.
Still doing better though than this time a year ago, points wise anyway.
Not to worry, plenty to play for.

We won’t get away with last seasons start. COVId ended home advantage for a season and we benefited. This season will be different. I think any more ground lost and we’ll fall short. Imo we have already used 2 of our 3/4 fixtures where you can drop points against sides outside of the top 4.

This and Spurs have meant we will likely have to go on some ludicrous run and with fans back I don’t see it.

Not bringing Gundogan off was Peps new "No DM for me in the champions league". (Ok, i'm still not over it - fuck off!)

Poor performance that lacked intensity until Foden and KDB came on. The build up play was far too slow and the passing was diabolical, Gundogan and Dhino 2 of the main culprits in that respect. Two points dropped, a very big improvement is required for next week.

I’m not his biggest fan either but the lad played two days after his Dad passed away, and he only played because others weren’t available, so I’m not sure today is the day to be having a go at him.
not having a go, he's a big drop off from the other 3, tough week for the guy

Sterling and Gundogan were particularly shite today.

Fern looked old. Not getting a DM along with a striker is gonna really hurt us this season.

Not very good planning by the club.

Not sure how having a recognised striker would have helped today, unless he was going to play in midfield and knows how to pass the ball that is.

Movement in the box & an outlet up front would have made it a completely different game

They could push onto in midfield as tbey knew there was nothing upfront to worry about if the ball went over the top.

This'll will be forgotten when we get 6 points at Chavs and Klanfield with stunning displays we won't get credit for as usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.