Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Give over. How’s that embarrassing? Teams don’t play exactly the same way against every team. They were at home to Leicester and away at the rags, they would be set up differently, more open because they would’ve reckoned a higher chance of a win. Saints keep it very tight against us. Disciplined back 4, busy midfield.
Having one shot on target at home against a team who fight relegation every season isn't embarassing? give it a rest, we are in a fucking title race. Dropped 2 points and could have been worse.

"Disciplined back 4, busy midfield"

Shame they didn't think of that as the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th went past them.

it was rightly overturned....the guy dived in and through walker to get the ball...

It was walkers fault initially giving the ball away but he got back where he should have been ..

Absolutely right it was overturned...
Showed the replay in the stadium and everyone sat around me said we got away with one there.

I'd be screaming bloody murder if that had gone the other way

Did anyone actually listen to or read Pep's comments?

He literally said the team were exhausted. He said this was going to be a very difficult game because of the high intensity of both Marsch and Hassenhuttl.

He knew this was going to happen, which is why he appealed to the crowd.

None of this is conjecture, the man literally spelled it out but people would rather talk about imagined insults instead of what he actually said.

And then after the game, after he said the team were exhausted, you're questioning why the team looked tired! You couldn't make it up FFS.

you mean it wasn’t actually bad what pep said ,

he only publicly said we were exhausted and how difficult the game is going to be Because southampton have a high intensity.

even if you know it why fucking say it in public?

who do you think that motivates and helps city or the saints.

the saints were very good today did a number on us . Mind you they had a good pre match teamtalk.

Did anyone actually listen to or read Pep's comments?

He literally said the team were exhausted. He said this was going to be a very difficult game because of the high intensity of both Marsch and Hassenhuttl.

He knew this was going to happen, which is why he appealed to the crowd.

None of this is conjecture, the man literally spelled it out but people would rather talk about imagined insults instead of what he actually said.

And then after the game, after he said the team were exhausted, you're questioning why the team looked tired! You couldn't make it up FFS.
Well said mate it took its toll for sure. Very leggy out there

title will have different ribbons on it next season again. Oh well, if Pep can't be arsed then I don't see why the fans should be. He sets the tone and he signalled clearly he didn't give a shit about today. He'll have to justify to Khaldoon why we've handed over the league and still haven't won the CL again, but good for him.

You never learn.

Not even a year ago you were telling everyone how Pep would never win anything again and the game had moved on from him

General thoughts. 'One of those days' to an extent. Fernandinho looked finished, hopefully was a blip. I think it was probably one too many games in a row for Silva and Gundogan and we looked low on creativity. Whole front line was poor but sterling messed up a couple of big moments and therefore will take the most heat. Sloppy all over though tbh.

Poorest passing display in some time. Players just didn’t seem to know where each other were.

Started looking like an attacking City team with Foden, Mahrez and KDB on the field with 20 mins left.

Jesus, Ferna, and Cancelo had trouble finding a pass all game.

Soton did a very good job of defending in packs and cutting off the passing lanes, so I don’t want to place all the blame on City. Soton came with a game plan and executed it.

Had that non-penalty and non-red card been against City, we would all be screaming blue murder. Atkinson did a good job of telling Moss to have a look if he thought Walker got ahead of the attacker. He got lucky. A softer VAR official would have gone with the Ref’s call, because it was FAR EASIER to do that.

Sadly, he also got Sterling’s offside call correct. Had he left it to Foden, we would have won.

I’m on record here as not being a big fan of Sterling’s technical ability. I think he displayed, and highlighted, my feelings for all to see.

He has no first touch, runs head down blind alleys, and both he and Jesus are serial offenders when it comes to being offside when we have promising attacks.

I hope we have got that out of our system now.

Last edited:
Worst performance in a very long time and hard to watch. Only positive is that KDB and Foden came on should be fit for the difficult run in. Dont think it would have made a difference today but we still need a goalscorer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.