Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

We score through possession and relentless pressure. That all starts at the back and builds. Only the last ten minutes were southampton under anything like pressure.
it was piss easy fir them before that
Its a fair point. It also helps us score when one of our midfielders doesn't look like he's running with concrete boots on and our "false 9" can, y'know, control the ball, and kick it to a teammate, that's all i meant, rather than solely blame our ability to pass out from the back.

Foden made a huge difference in umpteen games last year, often scoring our first goal in games like today’s, so we need to get him back in the side at all costs.

Think we needed a proper overhaul in the summer - three in, three out - just to keep things fresh. Sterling just doesn’t want to be here anymore, Bernado gets a good press from most people on here but he blows hot and cold for me and ultimately wants out. And of course we’ve needed a proper left back for a while, even if we have coped ok most games.

Many reasons why the overhaul didn’t happen, presumably due mostly to the finances in Spain, but I think we could pay the price this season.

Also worried about KDB’s lack of fitness - he looks heavy and slow to me and has been in and out of the team far too often over the past year.

The Boys in Blue didn’t give in. They fought to the end. Hard lines lads.

That referee is a ………(insert your own expletive) and Southampton players must have liked the Etihad grass! A few of them spent more time cuddling the grass than kicking a ball on it!!
My positive? At least we didn’t lose and the stupid no mark ref didn’t get to send Kyle off!
I thought John Moss was very good for once . And up with the play. Made some excellent decisions. Played 8 mins added time. Yes southampton wasted time but if we'd have had 6 shots on target we would have scored from one . That is my view. We only had one on T .

Sorry but am I missing your point ?? Are you claiming that Ake was poor ?? If not then I apologise. If you are criticising him, then give your head a fucking good wobble as once again Ake had another great game.
No wrong... simply responding to any posts that are critical of his performance. Thought he was decent. But he needs a run of games. If we drop him as soon as laporte or stones are fit. I think he will reset. Pep needs to do more and work with him

Foden made a huge difference in umpteen games last year, often scoring our first goal in games like today’s, so we need to get him back in the side at all costs.

Think we needed a proper overhaul in the summer - three in, three out - just to keep things fresh. Sterling just doesn’t want to be here anymore, Bernado gets a good press from most people on here but he blows hot and cold for me and ultimately wants out. And of course we’ve needed a proper left back for a while, even if we have coped ok most games.

Many reasons why the overhaul didn’t happen, presumably due mostly to the finances in Spain, but I think we could pay the price this season.

Also worried about KDB’s lack of fitness - he looks heavy and slow to me and has been in and out of the team far too often over the past year.
Foden gives us a huge boost in energy and quality.

KDB really worries me, he looks very old and tired, I hope we have not seen the best of him already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.