Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

A bad day at the office, but still a clean sheet and better than losing. Still struggling with why a red card was issued rather than a yellow as Walker made an honest attempt at the ball and still surprised it was overturned. With the new offside laws this season thought we might have been given the goal as well. On to the next game where we will see a different team.

Bit of the old City creeping in today, reactive not proactive, nobody wanting the ball.
The performance wasn't all that bad. Credit to Southampton for a disciplined
performance albeit snidey time wasting.

Big calls from Pep mid week, be it misunderstood or whatever.
Come Saturday though, that is served up. Credit to Saints, but if Pep demands this and that off the fans, serve up the meal.

My 29k a year salary could see that Sterling needed taking off for Torres, and when.

pep earned that x10 this week.

if he’s going to ask this and that, serve up a team that beats Southampton.
Thank fuck for VAR also.

Do we?

Its a long and difficult season. Can't win every home game 5-0 and up against a difficult ipponent who has 2x the rest (not to mention 90% of their squad is coming off a 3 month break whereas ours played through it) sometimes you will drop points.

We move on to the next game. The senior payers will get a rest and some kids can stake a claim to help out.
Yep. Common sense, calmly said.

Dreadful performance.

How often did we give the ball away?

Fernandinho was horrendous. Others almost as bad.

One attempt on target. Awful.

We will get hammered in the next games if we play anywhere near that badly.

Thank God today's manager was Austrian
After this new information has come to light when I said German I actually meant Deutschösterreich managers
giphy.gif

Looked awful until De Bruyne and Foden came on. The former is injury prone and the latter has been relegated to a bench player. We'll see plenty more games like that this season.
Foden hasn’t been relegated to the bench, he’s been injured ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.