Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

What happened ?

Southampton started off decent, kept the ball for a good 10 minutes or so and looked quick and pacy up front..

We seemed well off the pace and looked like we were going through the motions, hoping something would happen as opposed to making something happen.

First half drifted by, 2 added minutes was a joke as Stevens was on his arse for a good 4 minutes before he hobbled off..

Second half was not much better, predictable subs on 60 minutes instead of changing it at half time..

The penalty call was at my end but couldn't really tell if it was or not.

Our 'goal' at the end which was chalked off was again hard to see as I sit in CB3 in line with the 18 yard box at the South Stand end.

Wouldn't VAR be so much better if they informed the paying fans what the fcuk was going on instead of the defining silence we are subjected to in the ground ?

Anyway, despite their timewasting, Southampton, turned up, pressed us all over the shop, run their bollocks off and earned their point.

The atmosphere was ace..

We're 3 points off the top after losing our first game so although I feel a bit pissed off, in the grand scheme of things, we didn't lose, got a shit performance out of the way and can move forward, knowing we can play so much better..

C'MON CITY..!

Poor performance and Saints worthy of a pint. Early days but I am not seeing a champions team this season yet. Oh how I miss peak Aguero and Silva?
We had games like today with those involved also you know?

Totally. In fact we have probably won just as much without them being the main men as when they were the key cogs.

Don’t get me wrong… I love them but we had plenty of disjointed shit on a stick days much like today with them both playing…

Wigan anyone?

So was it offside at the end?
Said on the radio on the way home, it finished 0-0 after a controversial var decision.

They might not have had half a dozen open net chances but they were the better side comfortably, got in far more threatening positions and the fact they didn't have that killer ball was the only thing that meant we got out with a point.
Name me any piece of play you like from Southampton that deserved a goal. I'll tell you why that's not the case.

They moan - quite rightly - after watching that utter shite. That is what Forums are for. Vital points dropped at home against a side that we should beat easily - with right selection, tactics and effort.
Yeah they moan and it's the only time alot post on here is for a bloody moan then absolutely nothing when we win.

A poor and very disappointing performance, so many misplaced passes. Southampton clearly targeted Fernandinho and Gundogan and gave them no time on the ball. They both looked old and slow to me. Despite the fact that we appeared to be constantly marked by three players they still found plenty of space. The defence were frequently left scrabbling around because the midfield constantly lost possession. Only Grealish showed any attacking intent and our play generally was too slow. Our shooting at times is truly awful. I currently feel a bit cheesed off because I was very much looking to forward to the game. Hope Pep sorts it out for the next couple of weeks because we can't perform like that in the next games and come away with points. Crowd were energetic though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.