Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Knowing contrary Pep, he'll want to do a swap deal for Harry Winks rather than Harry Kane.
And then play Harry Winks in goal and Ederson in the Fernandino role. Hang on that might just work ….and push Ake up as a number 9. Sorted!!
It’s just about tweaking….

Don’t care where he goes as long as we fuck him off I spent £1000 in Porto expecting him to be back in Manchester …. Then we get the tickets …. Then we get Pep …. Then we get PCR etc etc etc etc etc then we get slagged off……. Fuck em…. The only constant is 35000 blues end of Fukin story come on Tuesday night we go again. Cue scn our empty seats ……..Simone oh oh oh

Another hand picked tough game while the scum have West Ham who played in Europe another hand picked game! We seem to always get these tricky games beginning of the season!

Anyway we poor Southampton we’re great with there week of preparing with a top manager while pep just said we had 10mins to work on our game!

Oh and look who the premier shoehorned in in between a tough champions league game teams where we struggle with and could easily lose both plus champions league game!

A very flat performance with too many players sloppy and below par. Southampton did what Arsenal did to us in the first few minutes of their game only all game and it worked. We did get in behind them a few times but a poor final ball and finishing let us down. I know Southampton did what they had to but fuck me was it annoying and boring to watch. Stopping the game, cheating, timewasting the lot. Moss should have clamped down more but when does he ever?

I was right behind the penalty and straight away I said no way was it a penalty. The sending off was even more ridiculous. Thank God common sense prevailed. It was bloody frustrating though as we'd given the ball away sloppily about three times in quick succession and you knew we were going to cop it.

Tight games like this expose our need for a proper striker, a physical presence to make life uncomfortable for defenders and hold up play...oh and bloody score!

All in all a game we could easily have lost so sloppy were we so a point is better than none. I think retaining the title this season will be a big ask. Indeed with our fixtures coming up unless there's a big improvement and we get our injured players back it could be over quicker than we thought.

Exactly this, Southampton tried a couple of smash and grabs after mostly running the clock down on the ball but blew themselves out by the time they got near to the goal. Trying to outpace the likes of Walker down the right wing will do that to you. That's why they kept going down with cramp after each attack in the second half.

They would also try and turn and shoot faster than they could set their feet to get any leverage on their shots. Those shots were on target but they were powderpuff for a reason and never had any hope of going in. If the aim of the game was to poke it past a defender, on target but aimlessly with no pace/power, to give the opposition keeper some catching practice, they might have a point. If that was our players doing that though, the same people would only see that as a waste of possession.

No way can Southampton feel unlucky to "only" come away with a point, they got what they set out for and deserved no more.
They pressed and moved the ball around well but their shooting was weak, albeit on target. They worked so hard they were shattered at the end, we just couldn't take advantage though. They didn't deserve more than a point because there were no close attempts or wonder saves. They are probably sat on a coach going home thinking if only we had a decent striker.

Nice to see everyone back out in force today after our 5-0 wins to Norwich and Arsenal...

I really don't know why people watch football if all they want to do is have a moan about it.
What's the point of life if you can't moan or cheer about football? It's why we have bluemoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.