Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Saw this result coming as i mentioned in the pre-match,so all things considered i'm not too disappointed with a point.

Thought our midfield looked out of sorts,and a few players didnt quite gel - we looked a tad disjointed and lethargic.

Much like last season,its gonna be a few weeks before we are purring.

MOTM - probably Cancelo

Pep's saying it . Self fulfilling prophecy.

Does feel a bit like that doesn't it. Allows the players a ready made excuse, already have it planted in their minds, when a stubborn team turns up with no interest in rolling over, and the sun's baking on your back. When you really need to grind it out and show some grit.. nah, we've had a tough week.

Excuse at the ready, slack off. Rarely get out of second gear.

Not a conscious thing but it's an undertone.

Never seen us so static, hardly any runs off the ball. I have never seen us so laboured and make so many consistent, shocking, basic errors.

Truly awful today, and a bit of a worry how poor we were tbh. Especially with that really tough week coming up soon.

Obviously disappointing performance but it's not the end of the world
Its always interesting to see how Pep and the team react to challenges and usually they come up trumps.
Grealish was excellent today, Jesus showed he has a lot to learn still in this position, Sterling veered between being really poor and really unlucky. Unfortunately that's a bad combination.
Walker looks right off it, where were his energy and drive? Gundog and Bernie both pretty poor.

The post was far too sensible for post match ;)

The club and us as supporters have been put through the media shit storm again this past week. The week before with Mendy in the dock and Pep getting attacked for his presser on when and if he might leave.

Time to step back and reflect. The saints match was shit no doubt but we need to remember that above all the noise city is a fantastic club.

Tough times only bring out the best in our supporters, players and coach.
Especially when they post our achievements in the past few decades. Just reinforces how shit we were in 2015/16 and 2016/17 winning only the League Cup.…..
Today was shite….next 3 matches will show if this group of players can turn things around. Get in there City……..

Really poor performance. Midfield never controlled the game. Thought Southampton set up really well, they pressed and hurried us into making too many mistakes. How many times did we give the ball away, deary me it was shocking. We looked totally disjointed and never got into our fluid game at all. Produced no shot on goal until the death. Just hope other teams don't copy the blueprint of how to nullify us as Pep seems at a loss as how to overcome it.

I only started to follow City's results last season in January because of some personal reasons . I'm thankful I did because it probably would have been quite infuriating listening to the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the flappers after that start last season. I've always been of the idea that a team deserves an off season each time they have a blinder of a season. So whatever happens this season I'll be fine. The entitlement, the hubris and the doubting of this team's ability is even more irritating than any sort of bad result they produce.

We had a poor day at the office, no big drama. Fern was crap and kept giving the ball away, Sterling anonymous, Jesus tried doing it on his own. Grealish was excellent again, Gundogan looked sluggish, I think those who played on Wednesday looked leggy. maybe we took this as an easy three points, I expected an easy win but was wrong. Anyway hopefully we have saved a few goals for the renties and dippers. CITY!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.