Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

How can you say we missed a striker when we've scored 16 goals in 3 games?
The midfield was a far bigger issue today than a forward man. We got completely outrun in midfield today and our back four we're left exposed because of it.

You mean 16 in 5. Or 17 in 6. Or 5 in 1 or 0 in 2.

That wasn't an easy watch, no energy, no drive, no pace, not gonna single out individual players coz everyone was well below par.

Another 2-3 insipid performances without Rodri and some fans may understand why he was key to winning the league last season.

Nah. What the team needed was a new and better CDM in the summer.

Fern is 36 and unfortunately showing it and Rodri doesn't have the pace or speed of thought.

Against poor teams like Norwich and Arsenal, sure, against decent opposition and it shows.

Fern is 36 and unfortunately showing it and Rodri doesn't have the pace or speed of thought.

Against poor teams like Norwich and Arsenal, sure, against decent opposition and it shows.

Totally agree

I only started to follow City's results last season in January because of some personal reasons . I'm thankful I did because it probably would have been quite infuriating listening to the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the flappers after that start last season. I've always been of the idea that a team deserves an off season each time they have a blinder of a season. So whatever happens this season I'll be fine. The entitlement, the hubris and the doubting of this team's ability is even more irritating than any sort of bad result they produce.
If you think elite teams phone it in every second season then football isn’t for you

Lol Rodri played 90% of the games last season you saying they were all average opposition? Dortmund, PSG as well?

I only started to follow City's results last season in January because of some personal reasons . I'm thankful I did because it probably would have been quite infuriating listening to the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the flappers after that start last season. I've always been of the idea that a team deserves an off season each time they have a blinder of a season. So whatever happens this season I'll be fine. The entitlement, the hubris and the doubting of this team's ability is even more irritating than any sort of bad result they produce.
No No No. What matters is to maintain and go beyond what was achieved the previous season. That is what the great football clubs do. We expect this at Manchester City and the idea that they “deserve an off season” is fucking madness.
I had more than enough of undeserved off seasons watching City from 1984 to 2007 in Manchester. In Somerset since 2007 I demand that they ALWAYS try to win everything. They’ve been not bad since 2010 but must be better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.