Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

And you don't deserve to watch this team. Four years of near constant success and all the flappers are already predicting impending doom. I see they are already penciling our next games as losses and the end of our title run. Might as well all just stop watching now and save us from the moaning. You might just get a surprise at the end of the season with a cup or 2 or you could be lucky and get it right and have your wish of selling all the players you don't like.
Wow! You are such a valuable addition to this Forum….NOT. You ever watched Manchester City live at Maine Road or the Etihad?? Followed results for a year and using “our”….Fucking absolute nerve.
We have a Trophy Hunter in the Forum……….

Some absolute stinking performances today. Southampton were unlucky to not get a pen. Sterling... less said the better.
He wasn’t alone…
Ferna shite… played like his age, a yard off the pace, very poor throughout. His passing was shocking.
Gundogan shite… the game passed him by. Created nothing and continually gave possession away.
Cancelo poor… thinks he’s Roberto Carlos. Too many poor passes and conceding posession.
Bernardo below par… worked hard, but again sloppy in possession.
Jesus poor… as above, sloppy in posession. Did very little of note.
Sterling poor… ball control and decision making shockingly bad. His lack of awareness cost that game. He should have left the ball as Foden was going to put the rebound in.

we only looked anything like ourselves once Kev & Phil came on. These two gave us a bit of impetus and we started to attack. Before this we were so passive, very lethargic in midfield. No urgency and an obvious lack of movement.

Last edited:
Couldn't disagree more. Rodri played both games vs Real, Rodri played when we smashed Liverpool 4:0, Rodri played when we won at Anfield 4:1, Rodri played when we won at Chelsea 3:1, Rodri played when we won 2:1 at PSG, Rodri played when we made rags look stupid in the league cup (3:1 at OT), etc, etc.

It's amazing fans still think we won 22 games in a row last season in spite of Rodri not being good enough. Clueless.
Clueless indeed.

And you don't deserve to watch this team. Four years of near constant success and all the flappers are already predicting impending doom. I see they are already penciling our next games as losses and the end of our title run. Might as well just stop watching now and save us from the moaning. You might just get a surprise at the end of the season with a cup or 2 or you could be lucky and get it right and have your wish of selling all the players you don't like.
Jog on you Johnny Come Lately plastic nobhead. Go bash your tambourine somewhere else

Wow.

Just got in, and have to say that was one of the worst performances I’ve seen in a long long time.

Fair fucks to Southampton, I thought they were really well organised and squeezed the lines unbelievably well. Interesting to see a team succeed at the Etihad without parking the bus,

We were utterly abysmal.

The 3 who stood out, for me, as being incredibly appalling and barely worthy of a 1 out of 10 were Dinho, Gundogan and Raz.

Dinho, for the first time personally for me, looked horrendous from the first minute, so far off the pace it was painful to watch.

Gundogan was like the Gundo from 2/3 years ago, did absolutely Jack shit other than give the ball away and hide from the simple passes.

Raz, well I just give up, given a chance for 90 mins and gives us that performance. As abject as you could ever wish to see, summed up by the inability to control an easy pass from Kev when in on the right hand side just before the end.

Grealish and Cancelo best players for us, rest were all bang average.

Last edited:
"We not scoring that is a fact"
How many goals we scored this season ?
Do you honestly think we'll breach the Chelsea defence, we can breach a shit Norwich and Arsenal defence for sure but Chelsea are better organised than Southampton, so I'd say zero chance especially if Pep picks that shit line up again

Worrying performance from us. Fair play to Southampton as they were up and at us, but we were off the boil today and not a good sign ahead of some tough fixtures.

One question though, is it offside if one player hits it, the keeper saves it, and another player who was offside for the first shot then puts in? I thought not, as last touch was from the keeper, unless the player who was offside was interfering with play. As an example, say a player has a long shot, keeper gets it and kicks it upfield, but it's a poor kick and goes to another player who was closing him down, who rounds him and scores.. legal goal?

But Moss must up for forced retirement now. Giving a free kick for Southampton because Ake hit the ball over his shoulder and it hit a Southampton player in the face.... Well ok then, if that floats your boat. No wonder he's giving penalties for things that didn't happen, he's joining the dots of what he didn't see in his head and making it up.

We’re so slow and lethargic I really miss the centurion team how quickly we attacked teams and how we started early and set the tempo. Even against arsenal and norwich goals aside the way we played was so slow
We're nothing like that team now, no Sane, Aguero and Silva three players we'll never replace

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.