Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

We need everyone fit and firing for that to happen
Play Chelsea with the same team we finished with in the game today or something like it. I'm hopeful Pep is not going to be defeated 4 times in a row . They've upped their possession stats this season and that does mean a change in tactics in that they are creating more.But ... There will be more space than in the champions league game. Pep can exploit that. Huge game Get a result or more and it'll give the team such a boost for the week following.

Worrying performance from us. Fair play to Southampton as they were up and at us, but we were off the boil today and not a good sign ahead of some tough fixtures.

One question though, is it offside if one player hits it, the keeper saves it, and another player who was offside for the first shot then puts in? I thought not, as last touch was from the keeper, unless the player who was offside was interfering with play. As an example, say a player has a long shot, keeper gets it and kicks it upfield, but it's a poor kick and goes to another player who was closing him down, who rounds him and scores.. legal goal?

But Moss must up for forced retirement now. Giving a free kick for Southampton because Ake hit the ball over his shoulder and it hit a Southampton player in the face.... Well ok then, if that floats your boat. No wonder he's giving penalties for things that didn't happen, he's joining the dots of what he didn't see in his head and making it up.
Moss wasn't our problem today. I never thought I'd say it but he was good today overall . Played 8 mins extra time. Made a huge decision on Walker and the penalty incident.

Do you honestly think we'll breach the Chelsea defence, we can breach a shit Norwich and Arsenal defence for sure but Chelsea are better organised than Southampton, so I'd say zero chance especially if Pep picks that shit line up again
Go back to the Swamp
Same squad that won the league
Do you honestly think we'll breach the Chelsea defence, we can breach a shit Norwich and Arsenal defence for sure but Chelsea are better organised than Southampton, so I'd say zero chance especially if Pep picks that shit line up again
Go to the swamp & watch the rent boy
Same squad that won the league & league cup,got to semi final of FA
Cup&Final of champions league
Have some respect

Mcatee and Delap has to join first team right now. Not getting some loan striker late in the window is criminal imo. Dzeko was available on a few million euros, 12 month deal, he would have been ok with bit part rotation role. and even at this age he has more killer instinct than any of our current players front of goal.

I think it will come back and bit us in the arse a few more times this season in close games where we are unable to finish off chances.

today wasnt much of finishing chances, it was just awful shots being made, wide off target but usually its converting good chances...

against Tottenham we shoould have been 2-0 up first 20 min, we missed those chances and paid the price. today we hardly created much, but still we had 2-3 chances where a top striker who knows where is the back of the net might deliver a goal.
and that is potentially 5 points plus for us after 5 rounds.

but i am getting more and more worried about our midfield being non existent and teams run/press through like it wouldnt exist, look at last two games. our midfield needs to control the game, the tempo of it but its not happening.

players look knackered, tired, in third week of September?

Chelsea, PSG, Liverpool away nightmare combo coming up just after Wycombe game.
Tuchel, Pochettino, Klopp will cause us problems, much more imo than Soton was able to...

if worst thing happens and we lose both Chelsea, Pool games we will most likely be 9 points behind Liverpool/Chelsea after 7 rounds. we cannot allow that.

we only conceded one goal so far in league, so I hope we can get at least two draws in next two PL games, but with tough and hateful home crowds it will be different than it was last year.

Go back to the Swamp
Same squad that won the league

Go to the swamp & watch the rent boy
Same squad that won the league & league cup,got to semi final of FA
Cup&Final of champions league
Have some respect
Utterly ignorant and ridiculous post. You reveal that you have no respect for anyone that has a different opinion to you. Bet you’ll call me a “Fucking Rag”?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.