Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

You don’t drop points at home to teams outside the top 4 for a title challenge, centre forward is desperately needed. Grealish made a few crosses where a proper striker puts it away. CDM is now a massive problem with Rodri injured, Fern has been amazing for us but it just seems it’s one season to many.

The club has handicapped Pep with not getting a forward in, Southampton perfectly knew how to stop the false 9 other teams will as well. It’ll be a long season.
Literally every title winning side ever has dropped points to teams outside the top 4..

Edit - missread just saw you said at home. Still think it's a bit ott

I love the post match thread. The greatest gathering of hindsight prophets the world has known, gladly suggesting a million different ways we could win a game that is now finished. Priceless

Worrying performance from us. Fair play to Southampton as they were up and at us, but we were off the boil today and not a good sign ahead of some tough fixtures.

One question though, is it offside if one player hits it, the keeper saves it, and another player who was offside for the first shot then puts in? I thought not, as last touch was from the keeper, unless the player who was offside was interfering with play. As an example, say a player has a long shot, keeper gets it and kicks it upfield, but it's a poor kick and goes to another player who was closing him down, who rounds him and scores.. legal goal?

But Moss must up for forced retirement now. Giving a free kick for Southampton because Ake hit the ball over his shoulder and it hit a Southampton player in the face.... Well ok then, if that floats your boat. No wonder he's giving penalties for things that didn't happen, he's joining the dots of what he didn't see in his head and making it up.
I’ve not seen it yet, but I think it would be offside according to the law, as there’s a special provision for ‘saves’ in contrast to normal touches by opposing players:
A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by: …
• gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has: …
• been deliberately saved by any opponent

I love the post match thread. The greatest gathering of hindsight prophets the world has known, gladly suggesting a million different ways we could win a game that is now finished. Priceless
Hope you’re not being sarcastic. What else would we be discussing other than how that game could have been won? Surprisingly many MCFC fans highlight this same fact before the match. Shame that Pep doesn’t read those posts…..

It seems that Pep has accidentally found the formula for getting the stadium full and for making the majority stay until the final whistle.
Seriously - Southampton severely limited us and we were miles off it today.

We’re so slow and lethargic I really miss the centurion team how quickly we attacked teams and how we started early and set the tempo. Even against arsenal and norwich goals aside the way we played was so slow

Funnily enough the performance against Southampton at home during that season was much worse than today. Thankfully Sterling’s late goal wasn’t disallowed on that occasion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.