Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Confused with the offside meself,fodens header wasent a pass too sterlin it was a shot which the keeper saved,and foden put in the rebound,also sterlin wasent encroaching vision from keeper from fodens header ,unless sterlin did get a touch on finnish from foden but pretty sure he didnt on replay ive watched a few times its a strange one
Doesn't matter if Sterling didn't touch it,if you make an attempt for the ball it's offside. Personally withe new rule of more leniency for the attacker I think it should of stood .

I thought Southampton were decent today - apart from the time-wasting!

Having Walker and Cancelo play as 'inverted full-backs' just doesn't work for me or the team! We were far too open most of the game.

Played like strangers today with everything going through Ake and Dias. Passing was well off. Looked scared to try anything.

Shit happens, eh?

On to the next one.

Southampton did well and made things very difficult for us with their incessant pressing and aggressive tackling. Our biggest weaknesses were exposed today, most particularly lack of pace and physicality in central midfield.

I'm not interested in digging out individual players when the whole performance (Jack aside) going forward was below par and far too many simple passes were not executed successfully.

We missed many of the guys who didn't start or were not available. I would hope that Stones and / or Laporte would have helped us play out from the back; Zin too, maybe.

On the upside, that was a fourth consecutive clean sheet in the league and our keeper was not tested today.

Shit happens. Team looked unbalanced to me and quite a few players had stinkers at the same time. If we play like that against Chelsea we will get mullered, but I don't think we will be like that again next week.

Loads of stray passes, unforced errors, people unable to control the ball.

Southampton came to stop us playing and were happy with a point, they were well organised at the back and were time wasting from the start of the game. Not sure why when they had a free kick near the end, in a dangerous area, they chose to take it into the corner rather than try to score though.

Not the end of the world, win next week and we are back amongst it.

Doesn't matter if Sterling didn't touch it,if you make an attempt for the ball it's offside. Personally withe new rule of more leniency for the attacker I think it should of stood .
Deffinetly wasent a straight forward offside was it,can see that gettin given in sum games,

Probably got slightly more than we deserved in that match with poor performances from nearly everyone. Only Grealish and Dias of the outfield players have any credit. Jesus, Sterling, Gundogan and Cancelo notably poor. If I’d only seen the last 10 minutes I would have hardly missed anything worthwhile watching. Far too many misplaced passes and opportunities for Southampton to intercept.

Hopefully a wake up call that every team that visits won’t be as poor as Norwich and Arsenal and there’s some decent teams out there that will give us a game.

Let’s be positive

we won’t be this shit again all season
Kev & Phil got some minutes
Fans sang a song for pep
VAR on our side for once
We didn’t lose

All is good blues

Southampton did well and made things very difficult for us with their incessant pressing and aggressive tackling. Our biggest weaknesses were exposed today, most particularly lack of pace and physicality in central midfield.

I'm not interested in digging out individual players when the whole performance (Jack aside) going forward was below par and far too many simple passes were not executed successfully.

We missed many of the guys who didn't start or were not available. I would hope that Stones and / or Laporte would have helped us play out from the back; Zin too, maybe.

On the upside, that was a fourth consecutive clean sheet in the league and our keeper was not tested today.

Exactly. Missing nearly all of our best players for playing through a press (Stones, Laporte, Rodri, Zinchenko) really fucked us today

Reactions: OB1
Hope you’re not being sarcastic. What else would we be discussing other than how that game could have been won? Surprisingly many MCFC fans highlight this same fact before the match. Shame that Pep doesn’t read those posts…..
There isn't a coach on the planet who can lecture Pep on team selection and tactics. The best coach in the world - arguably the best of all time with his best years to come. A bad day and some of the soft arses on here go into meltdown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.