Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

There isn't a coach on the planet who can lecture Pep on team selection and tactics. The best coach in the world - arguably the best of all time with his best years to come. A bad day and some of the soft arses on here go into meltdown.
Astonishing post. Afraid that I’ve gone into meltdown.
Can you post this again after our matches against Chelsea, PSG and Liverpool please?

Still absolutely staggered that our only “striker” in Torres who is gaining a bit of confidence and momentum in front of goal was left on the fucking bench today and didn’t start.

Playing RW as CF and CF as RW, then complain that the players didn't create enough chances.

When you have to rely on Gundogan to be your top scorer then that says it all. We have the worst forward line in the top 4. Grealish has been brilliant but the rest are fucking useless. How we didn’t buy a striker is beyond me. Delap has to play

I thought Southampton were decent today - apart from the time-wasting!

Having Walker and Cancelo play as 'inverted full-backs' just doesn't work for me or the team! We were far too open most of the game.

Played like strangers today with everything going through Ake and Dias. Passing was well off. Looked scared to try anything.

Shit happens, eh?

On to the next one.
I fully agree with your comment about Southampton being decent at times and time wasting at others. They were time wasting in the tenth minute !! But I absolutely disagree with you about the inverted full backs.... if you're saying the tactic doesn't work for you. We've broken every domestic record with inverted full backs - it works!!

Still absolutely staggered that our only “striker” in Torres who is gaining a bit of confidence and momentum in front of goal was left on the fucking bench today and didn’t start.
I think Sterling was a due a start as he’s clearly dissatisfied (heard through the grapevine) at not starting…

When you have to rely on Gundogan to be your top scorer then that says it all. We have the worst forward line in the top 4. Grealish has been brilliant but the rest are fucking useless. How we didn’t buy a striker is beyond me. Delap has to play
I’m like a stuck record with this, but we must give Delap a full 90 mins on Tuesday. Let’s see what he can do ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.