Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Don't think it was a penalty but absolutely amazed it got overturned. There was certainly enough in it for VAR to just go with the ref's decision. Weird cos we've all seen much more blatant injustices not overruled
With Blue tinted specks on it could be said he went thru the back of Walker. 50/50. Unheard of overturning a red and a pen against us, meant he couldn’t give the goal at the death tho.

I counted Ruben, Jaoa, and Jack (Eddie excluded) as the only ones who had a handle on what the job was today. Inexplicably poor display from players you've come to rely on being consistent match in and match out - Gundog, Ferny, Walker et al. Misplaced passes, given the run around by Soton's interpassing, powder puff tackling (although anything with a little more robustness Mossy would have near swallowed his whistle) and all done in slow motion. I watched the women last Sunday and thought the fellahs this afternoon were trying slow it down even more. Had we played half of the game with the urgency and pace of the last five minutes then we would have won that game.

After today's performance, he'll be dissatisfied next week then.

In fairness, there were about 8 others today who could be dissatisfied with him on the bench

Just going to put it down to one of those days, where we were shite and the opposition played well. Thankfully, they went for timewasting, as if they'd used those other 10 minutes they'd have probably won.
Yep, we were very lucky at times due to tame efforts from them and some good last ditch tackles and blocks from us. They did block the majority of our efforts which was very frustrating.

Does feel a bit like that doesn't it. Allows the players a ready made excuse, already have it planted in their minds, when a stubborn team turns up with no interest in rolling over, and the sun's baking on your back. When you really need to grind it out and show some grit.. nah, we've had a tough week.

Excuse at the ready, slack off. Rarely get out of second gear.

Not a conscious thing but it's an undertone.

Never seen us so static, hardly any runs off the ball. I have never seen us so laboured and make so many consistent, shocking, basic errors.

Truly awful today, and a bit of a worry how poor we were tbh. Especially with that really tough week coming up soon.
You’ve never seen us “so static”, “so laboured”, “truly awful “ “shocking”

I’d have stopped typing at “never seen us”.,,,

Far too many players off the boil today. The main concern I have at the moment is rotation and fit players. Going into the next 3 games we need Kev, Phil, Laporte, stones, Foden all available. Strongest team pep or defeats will be inevitable.

After a series of 5 and 6 goal wins at home, we play a game unrecognisable from our normal standard and you seem to have given up on the team. We're you there in the dark decades ? You seem frightened.
Been there since 1984 mate and that’s a few dark decades. I’m frightened by your complete lack of realism about our forthcoming matches.

With Blue tinted specks on it could be said he went thru the back of Walker. 50/50. Unheard of overturning a red and a pen against us, meant he couldn’t give the goal at the death tho.
The time it took VAR to rule on a black 'n white offside got me smelling a rat. Offside shouldn't take that long. It it does, they are looking for anything that would lead them to chalking it off!

Fernandinho is probably a very good impact sub to bring on to close games down. A full 90 minutes may be getting too much for him now.
But hey let’s respect the man. One of City’s best ever signings in my humble opinion and we should show respect towards him.
Did well midweek against the Jeeermanz, tightened us up. Pep thought he was the best replacement for the injured fridge/freezer

Last edited:
I think Sterling was a due a start as he’s clearly dissatisfied (heard through the grapevine) at not starting…
What a load of shit, Sterling was due to start. On what evidence is he due to start over Torres since the start of the season?
I actually laughed to myself today when he played the ball back off himself in the 87th minute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.