Through these fields of destruction
Baptisms of fire
I've witnessed your suffering
As the battle raged higher
And though it did hurt me so bad
In the fear and alarm
You did not desert me
My brothers in arms

Face it lads and lasses, the unprecendented success of the last few years has left us poorly equipped to deal with games like today. Obviously i can only speak for myself, but as the game progressed and the usual goals showed no sign of arriving, the frustration turned to annoyance and to seek drastic actions and causes , to resume "normal service", asap. Now, after a night's sleep, and having read many opinions, the only conclusion i could come up with is, "It's tough at the top", and a never-ending stream of trophies has eluded even the mightiest of teams in the past. The performance yesterday came after a shit-storm in the media, with blue-on-blue splits becoming more bitter than ever, as though the last decade or so never happened. Subtle "agendas" suddenly became full-on , Pep out calls, "he's been found out" etc, not helped by his criticism of the attendances, in fact, recruited many to the disaffected side.
The future ? I cannot see one that unites both sides, the strength of opinions seems to rule that out. Failures of the past, which at least brought fans togrther is not acceptable, even hard-fought draws is not acceptable. Am i bovvered? too right.....
Interesting post mate. Surely there isn’t a full blown Pep out agenda though. I dont like his bigging up of other clubs or his comments the other day but surely that is small beans compared to what he has brought us.
I haven’t had a chance to watch the game from yesterday but reading these comments in seems like the end of the world. We have one or two of these types of games every season and usually bounce back. Why are you so bovverred?

Interesting post mate. Surely there isn’t a full blown Pep out agenda though. I dont like his bigging up of other clubs or his comments the other day but surely that is small beans compared to what he has brought us.
I haven’t had a chance to watch the game from yesterday but reading these comments in seems like the end of the world. We have one or two of these types of games every season and usually bounce back. Why are you so bovverred?
There isn’t a team or a manager in the world that doesn’t have these type of games. Without any checking, I wouldn’t mind betting most follow a week when a team has has a European game and play on a Saturday against a team that have had a full week to prepare the game plan. It’s why generally when we have had a c/l game I’d rather play another team that have had a c/l league game as well than a Southampton or Leeds type team..

It's never great on the journey back after a game like that , still back by 11:30 was a bonus !

Havent watched the game back yet. I havent seen so many of our players off their game for a long time. It seemed everyone was miss placing or under or over hitting their passes.
Seemed very little movement from us. The second ball always went to a Southampton player.

Southampton apart from their time wasting and play acting which help break up any momentum City got didnt a job on us. Southampton double up on our wide men and double up on our full backs when attacking. Southampton had alot more energy and closed us down really well.

Havent to the penalty incident or our 'goal' yet but the fact it took VAR a fuck age must have been close.
It didnt take VAR long to go back to last season's standard. I thought after the euros VAR was meant to be quicker.

Last edited:
The lad has just raised a good point in the sterling offside pictures released why is the line drawn from foden shoulder and not the end of his short sleeve as is now the rule ?

I don't recall saying "wake up!" during a game so much....

Lackadaisical possession and an opponent more inclined to work were two major factors to the result. I don't think the football on display was great from either side, with one team over- and the other under-performing.

All in all, I'm a bit concerned the fanbase is showing more signs of being erratic or less cohesive. I mean we drew, crikey. I get there are larger issues like the lack of a proper 9, but we didn't get beat 0-4 at home!! At least an error strewn 0-0 shows just how high the bar is now.

1 game - could be the difference at the end of the season but all teams have games like this. Some right fannies on this site - think we've been spoilt. Big week though with Chelsea next weekend & the mighty Wycombe midweek (I was there in '98 when we lost 1-0 so won't start crying if we have the odd bad game these days).

20-odd goals in our previous four home games before today. One poor performance/no goals and you're publicly talking about a lack of realism about our upcoming games. Actually, I said nothing specific about our next Prem fixtures. No top team rolls over the lesser teams every time. Some fans I know are biting their fingernails about our tough fixtures, just like you. Clearly, I and most others have more confidence in our team than you. Been going since the 60s - before our 60s glory march. You've been going for quite a while. Given what you've seen over the decades, why do you have no confidence in our team ?
Performances so far this season, lack of pace and poor tactical decisions from Pep. Going to be an absolute masterclass in coaching to see us through the next matches without being embarrassed. Of course I hope that we can do it.
Get in there City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.