Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Or let's try and win something this season.
This "tired" excuse is er tiresome.
They're young athletes, it's the start of the season and if they really are tired, with all those spa like facilities, dieticians, physios etc etc, don't train them so much between games. Do tactical work and watch and do your homework on the opposition. Unless of course it's Sterling, in which case, buy him a Peter Barnes Football Trainer and tell him to work on the basics. Tiredness is the least of his problems.
I think when you're playing at the peak of your ability, game after game, for club, for country, the constant travel. You become jaded. Kyle's mistake was unlike him, he looks tired, tiredness leads to mistakes, sloppy passes.
Pep warned us they'd be tired.
Southampton were fresh, bubbling, we had to deal with their vitality and energy.
It was hard going. Too much football.

We don’t have a CF so we can’t claim to have best squad in my
The league should be priority every time anything else is a bonus
9 points is doable but at the same time it almost certainly means we would have to go unbeaten until the end of season.
How many points were we behind last season before we pissed the PL at a canter.. ??
I’d love City to win the CL but the PL is the one for me, hardest league to win on the planet ..
Let’s not write the mighty blues off after a few games, way too much of that shit on here.

Thought you were talking about the club , my apologies, you’re right about this team, that was as ponderous as we’ve seen from them. I thought we did well to nick a point.

Course not mate. Didn't mean to have a pop if that was an innocent misunderstanding, just seemed like you deliberately misunderstood/misrepresented my thoughts.

We've obviously set very high standards under Pep, and of this side, that's one of the worst performances I've seen us turn out.

A bit worrying tbh, but I hope it's just an anomaly.

The absence of John Stones cannot be overstated.

He opens up the pitch and commits a midfielder.

Dias is not half the player he normally is playing on the right.

On the left of a pairing he is able to switch play much more effectively.

Thought Gundo had a very poor game yesterday by his recent standards, Bernardo, also.

All it did was expose Fern's lack of legs.

Walker also very sloppy. I don't see enough energy in the team at the moment to suggest we will be in the thick of the title.

Everything felt off yesterday.

Hopefully just one of those days ,we do occasionally have them.

Put in a performance like we did yesterday against the Chavs, it could be seriously embarrassing.

its the same old story ??

i just don't get it myself but modern city fans are like glory hunters and the toy come out of the prams
ok i hate losing ? yes the draw yesterday felt like i loss. but southampton played really well and credit to them

its a very long season and manchester city will be in the hunt again so let keep it real and back the team and pep
this is why we are champions. we know how to run the race right to the end and the up and downs will happen

Fully, fully agree.

Spent big on an area that didnt need it and yet we have big problems without a striker, obviously, but also at DM.

The club caught sleeping again and wont be able to do anything until next Summer.
Don't be surprised if next summer's window is as underwhelming as the last in relation to a striker. There's guaranteed competition to sign Haaland, so we'll back out early doors, and if a new face appears, it's most likely to come from the academy.
If we go back in for Kane again next summer, I'll chuck my season card away.

It is worth remembering that players, however well-paid, are not machines. Due to Covid messing up last season and the ridiculous amount of football caused by international competitions, most of our guys have not had a proper holiday for two years. On top of that, because of injuries, we don't have the depth of squad we usually have.

We are starting to see the consequences. Whether things will improve is anyone's guess. The Chelsea game is a massive test.

And yes, were are light at striker, left back and defensive mid and that constitutes a gamble, which the squad may or may not be good enough to cope with.

The absence of John Stones cannot be overstated.

He opens up the pitch and commits a midfielder.

Dias is not half the player he normally is playing on the right.

On the left of a pairing he is able to switch play much more effectively.

Thought Gundo had a very poor game yesterday by his recent standards, Bernardo, also.

All it did was expose Fern's lack of legs.

Walker also very sloppy. I don't see enough energy in the team at the moment to suggest we will be in the thick of the title.
Mental fatigue will be our undoing this season. Pep already alluded to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.