Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

The absence of John Stones cannot be overstated.

He opens up the pitch and commits a midfielder.

Dias is not half the player he normally is playing on the right.

On the left of a pairing he is able to switch play much more effectively.

Thought Gundo had a very poor game yesterday by his recent standards, Bernardo, also.

All it did was expose Fern's lack of legs.

Walker also very sloppy. I don't see enough energy in the team at the moment to suggest we will be in the thick of the title.

Stones' distribution is far superior than Dias or Ake also. We play the ball out much better from the back with him in the team.

How many points were we behind last season before we pissed the PL at a canter.. ??
I’d love City to win the CL but the PL is the one for me, hardest league to win on the planet ..
Let’s not write the mighty blues off after a few games, way too much of that shit on here.

I think last season was a strange season. We were rubbish until around Christmas time and then playing every 3 days started to take its toll on other teams.

That we had a much stronger squad allowed us to pull ahead.

I don't think we'll do that this season. Other teams have strengthened their weaknesses whereas we failed to address ours - striker, DM and maybe LB.

As such they've caught up. City seem to like allowing that to happen.

The absence of John Stones cannot be overstated.

He opens up the pitch and commits a midfielder.

Dias is not half the player he normally is playing on the right.

On the left of a pairing he is able to switch play much more effectively.

Thought Gundo had a very poor game yesterday by his recent standards, Bernardo, also.

All it did was expose Fern's lack of legs.

Walker also very sloppy. I don't see enough energy in the team at the moment to suggest we will be in the thick of the title.
Good points, but I think Laporte on the left is our best at switching play and getting us up the pitch quicker so a bit of a conundrum.

Maybe controversial but a deal sending Sterling to Barca with Fati coming the other way plus some money to balance the deal might work? Next window we could test the water and sell Sterling.
In my humble opinion he has lost his mojo at City. With less than 2 years on his contract to go it could make sense.
Money from who ?

Just back at the hotel. A pretty inept performance. Sterling, Gundo and Jesus offered precious little. As for Fernandinho, christ. He was terrible. I think the extra year may well prove to be an (understandably) sentimental mistake.
Can’t be a mistake mate because we have fuck all else in that position which is another case of the recruiter making a balls up .

I think when you're playing at the peak of your ability, game after game, for club, for country, the constant travel. You become jaded. Kyle's mistake was unlike him, he looks tired, tiredness leads to mistakes, sloppy passes.
Pep warned us they'd be tired.
Southampton were fresh, bubbling, we had to deal with their vitality and energy.
It was hard going. Too much football.
Surely this should apply to the other top teams as well but none of them looked tired. So why did our players? Was it in their heads they were tired because pep said so?

How many points were we behind last season before we pissed the PL at a canter.. ??
I’d love City to win the CL but the PL is the one for me, hardest league to win on the planet ..
Let’s not write the mighty blues off after a few games, way too much of that shit on here.
Looking at how many times we’ve won each, I’d say the CL is harder.

Lacklustre performance.

Played as though we were doing the bare minimum to take the 3 points before a very tough week.

Backfired.

And as much as I love him, that performance by Fernandinho doesn't bode well for a man of his age. Worst I have seen him play for many a year.

One things for certain, these next two weeks are huge. Couldn't have picked three more horrible away games to try and get through. At this moment in time I'd take three draws now

Don't be surprised if next summer's window is as underwhelming as the last in relation to a striker. There's guaranteed competition to sign Haaland, so we'll back out early doors, and if a new face appears, it's most likely to come from the academy.
If we go back in for Kane again next summer, I'll chuck my season card away.
Yup. We dont want to be knocking on the same whore-house doors each season. Had enough of that with Messi. Kane’s ship has well and truly sailed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.