Southampton (H) - Sat 8th Oct, 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand why Mahrez is starting, we need everyone up to speed and he’s probably behind the rest of the front players as it stands.
Not particularly happy though, he needs to show us all why he’s worthy of a spot.
Good team overall though. We seem to have gotten over the last few years where our quality visibly drops when we mix it up.

I like it. I feel like Ake at LB always stifles are attack a bit too much but we should have enough out there for Southampton, with all due respect.
As others have said, i think Pep's playing Ake at LB looking ahead to the dipper game. I don't think Gomez is ready to go up against salah yet.

Shame for Grealish. Thought he warranted a start. Also means Foden in the left.

Mahrez better take the chance. Otherwise he's coming off at 60 mins.

Was saying that to my lad about the balance on the left with Gomez and Grealish

Well, fair enough, but I still think it's odd. Jack plays hands down his best game so far for us in midweek and is then on the bench?! And Gomez looked surprisingly comfortable, for a man who's hardly played.
Now I rate Aké, and I'm far less harsh on Mahrez than many on here, but I just think the selection is a bit odd.
Rodri back in looks right, by contrast, and I'm comfortable with that central pairing at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.