Southampton post match thread

Sterling cost us 50 million and yet he can't control a pass, can't beat a man and can't strike a ball with power or purpose. What do we do with him?

we could always paint him yellow
sottocat.barriere_1.jpg

That's the problem most of them that started today knew they won't be playing against Madrid and kind of know they won't be here next season
That was exactly the problem. Piss-poor squad management from a piss-poor manager. We've spent an absolute shit ton of money on players, yet we currently have a squad that can very easily be split into "First XI" and "Reserves", and the players obviously know it too. To create such a mindset among senior pros and then trust those reserves to do a job was quite clearly asking for trouble and shows what a fraud Pellegrini has become.

Can't be arsed picking the bones out of the tactics but for the countless time this season, that was an absolute shambles. We've certainly but all our eggs in the champions league basket and when we get found out on Wednesday, we'll be faced with a real scrap for fourth place. I wish I'd done something else yesterday than waste one of my bank holiday weekend days traipsing down there. At least the trip to Madrid should be a laugh.

Add this performance to the long list of disappointing games in and around other big games. Losing 3-0 to Liverpool before beating Utd in the FA Cup semi for example.
The point being a draw on Wed and a win against Arse and it it'll all be forgotten. If we don't get through and lose or draw to Arse it will be dire.

Last weekend the NZ Warriors Rugby League team got absolutely hammered 42-0. Six of the "A" listers went on a bit of a booze up and management suspended them. Those players obviously didn't give a shit just like some of ours today.The team yesterday was made up of "C" and "D" grade players - they ran their socks off and got a win.
How many times this season have some players put in absolutely shit performances but what does MP do? Plays them again. Doesn't he know we have youth players?
Thank goodness I only have two more games to suffer getting up at 2 or 3AM.

Kolarov wil most likely be rewarded for that performance with a place on the bench in a Champions League semi final.

He should be dropped & transfer listed, never to play for City again. But if we get an injury on Wed, he'll be in the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.