Southampton post match thread

Awful performance from most of the players...Kelechi looks fantastic..Nasri tried as did Mangala..not much Joe could do....rest were shite

You actually believe if we scrape into the top 4 and win a League Cup , he would have been retained by the club ? Simeone , Mourinho , Ancelloti , Pochetino would all ahve been approached just after xmas , he was a dead man walking with the inept league performances this season.

No, but he would still be on contract for another year, and I believe the club would have honoured that

The point being a draw on Wed and a win against Arse and it it'll all be forgotten. If we don't get through and lose or draw to Arse it will be dire.

What gives you any confidence Pelligrini will select a team and a system to beat Arsenal, bearing in mind we`ve won 1 of the 15 games league games we`ve played against top 8 sides,

Leicester City
Away D 0-0
home L 1-3

Spurs
Away L 1-4
Home L 1-2

Arsenal
Away L 1-2
Home

Scum
Away D 0-0
home L 0-1

West Ham
Home L 1-2
Away D 2-2

Southampton
Home W 3-1
Away L 4-2

Liverpool
Home L 1-4
Away L 1-0

Dire reading isnt it

Three years ago we 3-1 to Southampton and it looked like the end of Mancini and a few players, Barry notably.

Today was worse in that we know Pellegrini is gone but we needed the points.

It was pretty clear the likes of Zabaleta and Demichelis are past it, Kolarov doesn't give a crap, Delph is nowhere near good enough for us, Bony is unfit, off form and doesn't fit the team, Sterling's confidence is shot. 5 of our starting team weren't at the races. Two moments from the only player who wasn't embarrassed stopped it from being a rout.

The manager yet again got so much wrong. Had his excuses in early, his team setup was wrong and as so often we were disorganised, complacent and lazy. Yet again the opposition worked harder than we did.

If we continue our woeful record against decent teams next Sunday we will miss out on the champions league. Considering our form this season we really can't have any complaints.

Likeable guy he is I can't wait till Pellegrini is gone.

Once he is gone, will those players then give a shit? No. They are out of the door and they know it. Pellers can shoulder a lot of blame, but yesterday, had that team given a shit, we may have come away with something.

He could see what was unraveling before him, but what could he do. If 1/2 the team don't want to know, the other half aint going to turn it around

It's even worse in the cold light of day.
What an unbelievable 90 mins of ineptitude.

Will give it to Pelle though, just when you think the rails have totally come off, he gets a result. Will cling to that crumb.

Just a thought, when was the last time opposition fans sung the 'where were you when you were sh1t' song.

As for this result and more importantly performance, how many are surprised? Angry, frustrated, annoyed, yes, surprised, no

In the cold light of day, the morning after, as it were, calmly analysed, it doesn’t look any better: if it’s possible, it looks worse.

A fair case can be made out for awarding that the trophy for our worst performance of the season. And I write that after giving it some thought. There is stiff competition: both Liverpool games, Spurs away, and, from a somewhat different perspective, the utter sterility of the visits to Norwich and Villa. But yesterday, make no mistake — we weren’t just a bit bad, or even plain bad. We looked to my eye rather like the Villa of these last few weeks — relegation fodder, in fact. Nearly every fifty-fifty tackle lost, countless stray passes, an absence of movement from everyone around him, so that the man with the ball had no options and was hustled into making stupid mistakes, a general lack of fight and guile all over the pitch. There was nothing to save from that match, except, just maybe, Kelechi’s spark of youth in the middle of complete dross.

We have played such utter garbage, and that in a more than a few games — more than we’ve played for years, in fact — that the really puzzling thing is, how can we have picked up some silverware? how can we still be, despite it all, in fourth place, and still possible qualifiers for the Champions League? I am left genuinely scratching my head.

Pellegrini had to rest players and honestly, I would have pretty much picked that team in view of Wednesday. But we’re supposed to have this thing called a squad, because we expect to be in the latter stages of two, even three tournaments every season now. That’s the deal for a club with a budget like ours and ambitions like ours. To have abdicated like that, with the players who were out that on the pitch, many of them internationals, was absolutely unacceptable, and I really felt for the blues who made the long trip down and the even more grisly prospect of the long trip back. And the disturbing thing is that I now find myself wondering whether Pep — yes, Pep Guardiola, even he, fine manager that he is — can do that much with this team and squad. He is not a magician of black or white magic.

The older players are, well, old, and it’s sad to see it, but that’s part of the order of things. And the newer players over the last two or three seasons, by and large, have not delivered at anything like the level that was expected of them. Not even close.

The beautiful game? It’s an ugly game, really, when it’s played ineptly. Of course, you’ve got to give some credit to Southampton. They bustled, they looked up for it. They saw that our disorganization was there for the exploiting, and they exploited it. But there’s just no understanding how we can be made to look like such buffoons. We have been smashed, really smashed, several times this season. And it’s a long, long time since that’s happened. And whatever happens on Wednesday, it doesn’t paper over the cracks, not for me anyway.

Ha ha fucking Kolarov , feel sorry 4 Zaba cause he as been fucking ace 4 us , but it's over.

One of the centre halves will make it , Sterling is struggling 4 whatever reason , Bony is not a City player the only plus side was not seeing City's greatest player ever passing it sidewards and backwards and grown men wanking it about it

MCFC OK

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.