Southampton post match thread

Totally agree all this resting players in fear of injury is insane at this time of the season. Play every game with the same importance as the next with few changes.
Deal with problems when they happen

Sorry but I was not agreeing with your point, I was enquiring as to whether you knew how long the recommended recovery period is based on all the sports science knowledge that is now available but it would appear that you do not know.

The reason Pellegrini did not start most of the players who will begin the game in Madrid is because they would not be fully recovered.

Don't be too hard on what was basically your 2nd or 3rd team.
If you get to the final you lot wont even remember playing us.
I'm not fussed how you do in the league but in Europe, I wish you all the luck I'd wish my own team. Good for English football!

This thread would be full of people asking why he hadn't rested them. He can't win either way, but I guarantee if he wins the Champs League and finishes top 4 this game will quickly be forgotten.

Absolutely correct.

He plays our stars yesterday, he is a Wanker for risking them.

They get injured yesterday, he is a Wanker who has cost us any chance in Madrid.

He picks the side he does and several of them just can't be arsed, he is a Wanker, it's all his fault.

He picks that side yesterday, they all act professionally and dig out the win they are capable of and he is a lucky Wanker.

There is no rhyme or reason anymore on this forum concerning the manager, just abuse and vitriol and a narrative that anything bad is all his fault and anything good is despite him.

His time is nearly up and rightly so if for no other reason we are getting a serious upgrade in Pep but the fact remains, we have a trophy in the cabinet, are still in control of a top 4 spot and we have arguably our biggest ever game Wednesday, a CL semi final and with a bit of luck, who knows, a CL final to come.

Come on City!

Don't be too hard on what was basically your 2nd or 3rd team.
If you get to the final you lot wont even remember playing us.
I'm not fussed how you do in the league but in Europe, I wish you all the luck I'd wish my own team. Good for English football!
I dont think it's that mate, and anyway the '2nd team' should be better than that. The issue is that Kolarov, a regular first teamer, played like a total lid again. And he put Demichelis on the bench to come on in midfield when we have an excellent young midfielder in Manu Garcia who would run rings round him and should be the one on the bench instead of him. And the fact that Sterling shoots at goal with the conviction of my auntie elsie stirring a brew.

I dont think it's that mate, and anyway the '2nd team' should be better than that. The issue is that Kolarov, a regular first teamer, played like a total lid again. And he put Demichelis on the bench to come on in midfield when we have an excellent young midfielder in Manu Garcia who would run rings round him and should be the one on the bench instead of him. And the fact that Sterling shoots at goal with the conviction of my auntie elsie stirring a brew.

Is that the Manu Garcia that got dropped from the Youth team for the FA Cup Final second leg?

Absolutely correct.

He plays our stars yesterday, he is a Wanker for risking them.

They get injured yesterday, he is a Wanker who has cost us any chance in Madrid.

He picks the side he does and several of them just can't be arsed, he is a Wanker, it's all his fault.

He picks that side yesterday, they all act professionally and dig out the win they are capable of and he is a lucky Wanker.

There is no rhyme or reason anymore on this forum concerning the manager, just abuse and vitriol and a narrative that anything bad is all his fault and anything good is despite him.

His time is nearly up and rightly so if for no other reason we are getting a serious upgrade in Pep but the fact remains, we have a trophy in the cabinet, are still in control of a top 4 spot and we have arguably our biggest ever game Wednesday, a CL semi final and with a bit of luck, who knows, a CL final to come.

Come on City!

Great, not many disagree with the side picked, or the fact he had to rest them. Still could've set them up in the fucking right way for once and not left them painfully open as he always does. Useless. That is on his hands, not all the players.

Is that the Manu Garcia that got dropped from the Youth team for the FA Cup Final second leg?
Yeah it is but you know the point Im making is more general, you know what I mean. It was a game that needed dynamism and some commitment and enthusiasm. I also know that actualy MDM did alright when he came on, but what Im saying is that in my opinion that selection was not the mindset we should have taken into that game

On paper the team looked strong enough to do the job and with a champions league semi final in three days he did the right thing there.He couldn't have expected most of them to play so shockingly with a couple adding a ''Couldn't give a fuck'' attitude too. We have repeated the same mistakes all season though,particularly in defence and midfield and that has to be down to inadequate coaching,training and tactics. Winning a league cup trophy and even if we won the champions league the season would somehow feel like a failure.Why? Because all season we have witnessed utter dross in most of the league games and lost TEN so far,over a quarter of what we have played.So our overriding memory is shell shocked players being ran ragged by Spurs,Liverpool and Southampton and struggling to beat teams we should be smashing.It is just glossing over what we know are major deficiencies in the team that have to be addressed.

Oh and yes I know we would have all been delighted with this 10 years ago but that was then and this is now.

Great, not many disagree with the side picked, or the fact he had to rest them. Still could've set them up in the fucking right way for once and not left them painfully open as he always does. Useless. That is on his hands, not all the players.

What I do know is he won't have asked them to not run, pass, head, score from 6 yards etc etc.

The manager and the players, collectively let fans, the club and themselves down yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.