Southampton post match thread

ridiculous to field the team we did Sunday, jeopardise next season for a CL semi final is not good management.

If our manager doesn't give a shit about next season - neither will the players he clearly doesn't give a shit about motivating.

The laughable thing is, aside from the silly money these guys are on, every single one of them actually got a BONUS for playing ... yes ... A BONUS - probably in the region of between £10k and £20k.

A BONUS!!!! Oh my days.

Did you see the aggression from spurs and chelsea tonight either of those teams would have blown us of the park playing with that aggression and intensity. when did our team of warriors vanish. toure kompany, zabaletta, lescott, barry, tevez, de jong, bellamy.

Did they disappear with our last manager.
Yeah reminded me of us in 2012!

What progress? Finishing in the top 4 for what purpose if we dont try to win it when we can....I must be dim.

And the likelihood is that we will lose tomorrow and may miss out on top 4-but it doesnt make the decision on Sunday wrong.

we shouldnt of thrown away the top 4 we should have gone for both, how simple is that

I dont get this argument? Why is it more important to finish top 4 so we are in the Champs Lg next season then it is to try to win it this year when we have a very good chance of doing so? Is it player acquisition? Money? There is no guarantee that we will ever get a better opportunity to win it.
That's why we prioritize the CL match.

If only Hart has lived up to "expectations". My misgiving was that we did not give Willy Caballero the nod. He gave us the league cup didn't he?

As someone here posted stating that Hart will be No.2 in Pep's future plan. Hart's performance, including AK's in most folks objective opinion, was overall poor.

I dont get this argument? Why is it more important to finish top 4 so we are in the Champs Lg next season then it is to try to win it this year when we have a very good chance of doing so? Is it player acquisition? Money? There is no guarantee that we will ever get a better opportunity to win it.

I don't necessarily think that it's 'more' important to finish 4th, however you have to consider what the Champions League brings. Players, money, history etc. It would undoubtedly be great to win it, but we shouldn't neglect the premiership route of qualification. It wasn't a big ask to finish in the top four but it is a big ask to win it, even from here. If we continue to qualify, with Pep coming in you'd imagine we'll bring in some excellent players and as a result have a better chance of winning other competitions in the years to come. One year out of the champions league can cost a club like ours 3/4 years worth of trophies domestically.

If we were 5-0 up after the first leg of a semi final against Kiev, with the other leg being between Astana and Ludogerets, then great, go all out for it, bollocks to the league. But I'll eat my hat if we win the thing this year.

One can only wonder what the game plan is coming from Abu Dhabi?
I reckon it's win the fcukin thing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.