Southampton post match thread

I don't necessarily think that it's 'more' important to finish 4th, however you have to consider what the Champions League brings. Players, money, history etc. It would undoubtedly be great to win it, but we shouldn't neglect the premiership route of qualification. It wasn't a big ask to finish in the top four but it is a big ask to win it, even from here. If we continue to qualify, with Pep coming in you'd imagine we'll bring in some excellent players and as a result have a better chance of winning other competitions in the years to come. One year out of the champions league can cost a club like ours 3/4 years worth of trophies domestically.

If we were 5-0 up after the first leg of a semi final against Kiev, with the other leg being between Astana and Ludogerets, then great, go all out for it, bollocks to the league. But I'll eat my hat if we win the thing this year.
Can't disagree with any of that mate-but we have to dream.

As someone here posted stating that Hart will be No.2 in Pep's future plan. Hart's performance, including AK's in most folks objective opinion, was overall poor.
Are you having a laugh. No chance for the first goal, exposed for the second and fourth and actually saved the second before the rebound was put in. Made some routine saves in between, his kicking / distribution was slightly better than normal so what part of that is poor. Hart is one of the top 5 keepers in the world so I would love to know who is coming to replace him who is better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.