Gareth Southgate

And to disabled people and their families.

I knew a young lad, who ha MD, and Glenda's remarks really upset him.
As I've said before he was a dick for saying those things. Shouldn't have said any of that stuff. I shouldn't have said that it shouldn't have mattered to the FA, he clearly should of.

Last edited:
102 games and no style of play. £40m he earned in eight years. Think he will sleep like a baby

Makes me wonder if the Saudi league will offer him similar but over a two year contract. I think he'd go for it unless he decides to sit back hoping that Ten Hag gets off to a poor start.

A great day for football, it winds me up how much this chancer was actually paid for doing fuck all.
Tactically clueless and got lucky with easy sides of the draw and this also happened in 2018 when we finished second to Belgium and still ended up on the easier side of the draw. Also throw in individual moments of sometimes brilliance and these are the reasons we finished up in 2 finals and a semi final.
I would imagine that a lot of top flight clubs will be looking at employing this clown not. No confidence in the FA to get the right man in either.

Aye but Fuente wouldn't have been getting 4 cracks winning a tournament and last 8 years in the job if he didn't.

Of course he would.

When would he have been fired? When leading his country to their best finish in 40 years (2018)? or when getting to the first final since 1966? (2020) or for losing narrowly to the best team in the world? (2022)?

IIRC Spain didn't fire Luis Aragones after 2004 and 2006 and he went on to win 2008.

English coaching still has to catch up with Pepball. How many progressive English coaches are there out there?

Not really any

If Pep leaves City, there will be no English manager on the shortlist. Same goes for when Legohead leaves Arsenal, when Klopp left the dippers.

These teams are looking to win trophies and they won't be looking at any current English manager thinking he's the man for the job.

A great day for football, it winds me up how much this chancer was actually paid for doing fuck all.
Tactically clueless and got lucky with easy sides of the draw and this also happened in 2018 when we finished second to Belgium and still ended up on the easier side of the draw. Also throw in individual moments of sometimes brilliance and these are the reasons we finished up in 2 finals and a semi final.
I would imagine that a lot of top flight clubs will be looking at employing this clown not. No confidence in the FA to get the right man in either.
Let's hope ten bob gets off to a shit start and. Ushited decide to give the waistcoated one a chance.

I think he did ok until the 2021 Euros. Employing a back 5 with 3 hard working midfielders behind Kane, Rashford and Stirling worked in the 2018 WC and Nations league. However, his lack of in game management and inability to make timely changes became evident against Croatia after they took control of the midfield after 30 mins.

Stirling got England through 2021 but England were woeful in the home final with only 39% possession and 6 shots compared to Italy's 20. Again our midfield could not retain possession and he chose Mount over Grealish, only giving Jack 13 minutes in extra time then ignoring him when he offered to take a pen.

We beat a poor Iran and Wales in the WC were lucky to get a draw against USA. Played well against Senegal and OK against France but conceded two poor goals.

Englands form has been poor since last September. I became worried when we played poorly in the March friendlies against a Brazil B eleven and an ageing Belgium. It was clear that England started this competition under prepared with little or no pattern of play and Southgate undecided about his best eleven. Dropping Jack now looks criminal with the lame excuse about lack of club playing time and form and yet taking Shaw who hardly played himself all season and looked shit when he did.

All in all he should have gone after the 2021 Euro final and we have wasted another two comps on him. I pity the club who takes a chance on him. But I reckon he will become another pundit or even FA blazer.

Last edited:
Of course he would.

When would he have been fired? When leading his country to their best finish in 40 years (2018)? or when getting to the first final since 1966? (2020) or for losing narrowly to the best team in the world? (2022)?

IIRC Spain didn't fire Luis Aragones after 2004 and 2006 and he went on to win 2008.

Southgate should have gone after the last World Cup. It was obvious by then he can't get past a very good team. The result alone on the night is not the issue, it's the clear pattern that tactically he fell short and was outdone in any game against a real contender. I think 3 goes was enough.

There was no reason to keep him on after exiting a quarter final in 2022. It doesn't matter if France were a good team if we're supposed to be up there as a good team too.

The last two years have been wasted heading towards the inevitable scenario of beating mediocre teams again and losing to the first genuinely good side we played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.