Gareth Southgate

Yeah Southgate should have said fuck playing them lets have another draw we need to play Germany and France instead.
Clearly missing the point
Hes lauded for how far he got England in tournaments but, ultimately given the criteria of the draw, and taking into account the talent in the squad then its the least the team should have achieved. Or put another way, If the draws had not been so kind then it is likely that the team wouldn't have progressed as far and thus he wouldn't have been lauded. Its three wasted opportunities to have achieved much more. With a manager who had far better understanding of the game then England could have retained the championship they should have won at Wembley. Might be a nice guy but as it so often said nice guys don't win anything Lets face it, would a manager in the mode of Pep or Klopp have allowed Kane to be so selfish and let him play or Bellingham play so bad yet let him refuse to be substituted I some what doubt it

Last edited:
The remit for the new coach is simple:

Build a balanced side around Foden in the middle of the park.

However, this is the FA so the remit will be:

The England Captain and Jude Bellingham are obliged to start any major international game, along with whoever our highest revenue streamed player is at the time. You get to pick the rest and coach accordingly.

Success, maybe. Fun? Hmmm

I don’t think we were really any better or worse as a team than we were under Eriksson, we’ve just had more favourable draws and a better penalty record under Southgate

You have a strange sense of fun:-)

Also I'm sure 1990 1996 and the Rooney euros as rags call it were after 1986. I'm pretty that how it works. 1986 1987 1988 etc...... :-)

Fun in the sense of having a nice time with my mates and my Dad, watching in a range of pubs around Manchester where there was enough time to settle into a tournament before we were going home, with enough moments I'll remember for the rest of my life, and not getting dumped out in increasingly embarrassing ways.

I'm too young to remember 90 and Southgate was involved in 96! Everything else, including 04, was shite, embarrassing, or painful. 06-16 was shocking really.

I don't want to go overboard on him, it's definitely time for a change and he's far from an elite manager, but being a great tactical manager isn't always right for England.

would love Bielsa or Postecoglou, or even Enrique as an outside chance.

Will probably get another yes man though.

The remit for the new coach is simple:

Build a balanced side around Foden in the middle of the park.

However, this is the FA so the remit will be:

The England Captain and Jude Bellingham are obliged to start any major international game, along with whoever our highest revenue streamed player is at the time. You get to pick the rest and coach accordingly.

Pretty accurate

A lot of fans are going to be disappointed if they're expecting a big change in how England play

You're still going to get Kane up front doing very little and Bellingham being treated as the main man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.