Gareth Southgate

Being unbiased I completely agree with this. I also think that's why Mancini was successful with Italy.

When the US fired Berhalter the other week, a part of me was hoping they'd go for Klopp. It's a part of me that I hated, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't happen

Apparently they approached him and he wants his break. For the same reason, I'd say England dont have a sniff.

(although I do agree he'd be a great fit).

England's forward(ish) players (Bellingham, Bowen, Eze, Foden, Gordon, Kane, Palmer, Saka, Toney and Watkins) amassed 250 league goal contributions (173 goals, 77 assists) between them last season. We shouldn't have been struggling for chances and goals
He didn’t play them though did he:

Bowen, Eze, Palmer, Toney, Watkins & Gordon sat on the bench because Southgate had no courage and a lack of insight to play them ..

And you don't understand 'most successful' it's a simple concept. We maybe don't like him, he didn't win anything but his record is the best.
Getting further (albeit against nations with very weak sides compared to the past) is only one take on successful.....sure I heard the other day that Ron Greenwood and Capello had better win percentages (as did Fat Sam lol)...just another take on it ;)

Got the job by default after fat sam got caught being greedy
FA went back to form and took the safest option possible

Wont be missed.

Bobby manc anyone?

I've never shelled out for an England seniors game but I'd put my hand in my pocket if I thought there was a chance of watching Bobby standing on the sidelines systematically going through the team and telling them to go f**k themselves, when things started going pear shaped:-)

Forget Klopp. He is fully burnt out. Howe is the best pick out of the Englishmen but he isn't the best either and I don't think the FA would pay any large amounts of compensation either. Potter wouldn't be much better than Southgate despite his better coaching credentials
Somebody suggested Bobby Manc earlier, but I can’t see it for two reasons.

1. He is highly unlikely to give up the large amount of moolah he is earning in the Middle East.

2. The suits at the FA wouldn’t like the home truths Mancini would tell them, just like Cloughie in the 1970s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.