Gareth Southgate

Yep.

What international football teams dont need is someone, like pep, whos going to install a footballing ethos. Theres no time for that. It took pep a year to sort city. Day in, day out.

England need someone who can motivate in small spates, get the players to buy in to them in very short spurts.

Klopp fits that bill. But i would say very little chance

I partly disagree with that because lots of international teams have been very well coached and well drilled despite minimal time. even this Spanish team were very well coached in how to play as a team, where to run, understanding their teammates runs and everything.... but it always seems to be an excuse with England that there isn't enough time to do it. these Spanish players are playing all over Europe too but they manage it.

I do agree that it probably is a lot easier to get an international team to play more like Liverpool than City in terms of style, but it's definitely not to say it can't be done.

I think the problem is not the time, it's the players, and I don't think England have the players to really play like Spain did. The likes of Rice are not technical enough in the role he's asked to play and we have a keeper that plays like it's 1993.

So with that in mind, I do think a Klopp approach would be better for England.

Somebody suggested Bobby Manc earlier, but I can’t see it for two reasons.

1. He is highly unlikely to give up the large amount of moolah he is earning in the Middle East.

2. The suits at the FA wouldn’t like the home truths Mancini would tell them, just like Cloughie in the 1970s.
He would be a good short term appointment perhaps a tad too confrontational

Yep.

What international football teams dont need is someone, like pep, whos going to install a footballing ethos. Theres no time for that. It took pep a year to sort city. Day in, day out.

England need someone who can motivate in small spates, get the players to buy in to them in very short spurts.

Klopp fits that bill. But i would say very little chance
Do you remember the Spain 2008 - 2012 team?

Can’t be having Klopp just got rid of the gurning fucker and can’t be doing with his chest thumping or the fact he would get a new set of knasshers

I partly disagree with that because lots of international teams have been very well coached and well drilled despite minimal time. even this Spanish team were very well coached in how to play as a team, where to run, understanding their teammates runs and everything.... but it always seems to be an excuse with England that there isn't enough time to do it. these Spanish players are playing all over Europe too but they manage it.

I do agree that it probably is a lot easier to get an international team to play more like Liverpool than City in terms of style, but it's definitely not to say it can't be done.

I think the problem is not the time, it's the players, and I don't think England have the players to really play like Spain did. The likes of Rice are not technical enough in the role he's asked to play and we have a keeper that plays like it's 1993.

Doing Pep a disservice there pal!

a8ee2f77036ee25c3da153f9bbb3c45e469.png

I may have got this wrong but im sure i read that most European countries have many more 5G facilities per person that in england. Kids are still playing on mud baths.

Im involved in kids football.
The club my son plays for is one of the largest youth clubs in england and has no 5G pitch. 1000+ kids in the club.
The area the club is in has one 5G pitch at a high school , one pitch in quite a large area.
My daughter plays for cheadle and gatley, never off the news lately with its kobi mainoo link, again a huge club and no 5G pitch. Spoke to one of the coaches the other day, they are working towards it but the £500k+ will take 10 years to raise.

There are more kids playing football than ever before , its bollocks that kids are at home playing play stations, they are playing footy! Girls, boys, they love it. But the facilities they play on are crap.
My daughter went 9 weeks without a game over winter because the grass pitches were screwed.

So when we talk about english players not being technical, maybe playing on mud baths doesnt help

Yeah but they had a few generational talents pulling strings that didnt really need coaching.

Weve got declan rice ….
I have no idea why as a country we struggle to produce midfielders that can control a game of football. But losing the midfield battle has been decisive in all of the Southgate tournament losses

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.