Gareth Southgate

Potter is an overrated manager. You wouldn't like his style. We might keep the ball but we would do not with it. His Brighton team couldn't score for shit.
Potter also tends to over-tinker, which contributed to any already problematic Chelsea. Competent enough manager, but he wouldn't be suitable for an international side.

Are there many English keepers any better with their feet?

I honestly have no idea but I'm assuming there must be someone better than that

It's hard to tell because there aren't many English keepers playing regularly and they're often playing in teams that look to play longer. In Pickford's defence, he has played all season sending it up the pitch and when that's how you're told to play to get a goal it's hard to go against that natural instinct. That's on the manager really.

When you look at who you'd regard as the best keepers in the country, their passing is generally shorter. Ederson passed over 40 yards 18.3% of the time and the average length of his passing was 27.2 yards. Allison was 14.1% and 24.7 yards. Pickford was 56.7% and 41.6 yards! The only English keepers under 30 yards average pass distance were Pope and Steele.

Someone like Pep would pick the player best with the ball and be done with it. Our play would be better and no one would question it.

If there was a stat for number of saves after you've punted it straight to the opposition then Pickford would be world class.

There is only one manager who has won trophies for england in recent times , time for a woman to take charge

It is time

1*Mc421bFkhzOp9gfFKtuRsg.png

Surely that was a consequence of the politics of having a big squad at Chelsea.

But he's the manager. It's down to him to pick the best team to win games, if that means being ruthless and making certain players play less, that's how it has to be.

If a manager let's player politics override his willingness to do what he wants/needs to do, then he's not the man for a big job.

I really mean it , why not ? Time to try something new

Whether it's right or not, I don't think the players would have enough respect for a manager who has managed a women's team, given the fact a top international women's teams can't beat an under 15s boys when they play against them.

That's not disregarding women's football or having a dig at it and it's not to say that someone who manages in women's football couldn't do well in the men's game. But you have to command the respect of a dressing room to succeed. I'm just not sure how much respect a woman who managed a woman's football team would get from a dressing room of League and Champions League winners from the men's game. That's just being realistic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.