Gareth Southgate

Realistically they're not going to bring in a manager who managed in football at the equivalent (actually lesser) standard of a 15 year old boy's academy team, no matter if the women's game itself is bigger in profile than the 15 years game.

The process of managing people should be the very similar whatever the level. Should. Obviously in practice the people she manages may not respond to her similarly.

However, I dont think it should happen purely because it would make the women's team seem less important, as if she was getting a promotion. The women's team needs to be viewed as important in its own right, that's been a struggle for years. Her moving off for a 'better' offer would set that back.

The Dallas fc u14 academy team beating the world champion US women’s national team 4.0 proves its almost a totally different sport

Indeed, and I'd imagine City under 14's would smoke Dallas FC under 14's. These are the levels to the sport. When the best women's national team at the time couldn't beat a bunch of Texan school boys, you have to just call a spade a spade.

It's no disrespect to women's football, they deserve the same respect if you take it on its own merit, but you can't expect someone who managed at that level to manage a men's national team.

Indeed, and I'd imagine City under 14's would smoke Dallas FC under 14's. These are the levels to the sport. When the best women's national team at the time couldn't beat a bunch of Texan school boys, you have to just call a spade a spade.

It's no disrespect to women's football, they deserve the same respect if you take it on its own merit, but you can't expect someone who managed at that level to manage a men's national team.
There isn’t a physical demand put on a coach that would hinder a woman from doing the same as a man in a coaching role, so the equivalence isn’t the same.

However, it would either take a huge leap of faith or a woman to work her way up the mens’ football ladder for one to be considered.

I guess Wiegman would be the closest at the moment, given Hayes has gone to America.

It’s not time for a woman to take over.
Maybe one day in the future but it would cause more issues than it solved on and off the pitch if they went for it now.

There isn’t a physical demand put on a coach that would hinder a woman from doing the same as a man in a coaching role, so the equivalence isn’t the same.

However, it would either take a huge leap of faith or a woman to work her way up the mens’ football ladder for one to be considered.

I guess Wiegman would be the closest at the moment, given Hayes has gone to America.

But it's having the experience and understanding of a more physically demanding, quicker game. These things massively play into your tactics.

A boxer doesn't employ Steve from the local level boxing gym to train him to fight Floyd Mayweather, it's a completely different level of technical ability and you need someone who has real experience at a good level to come up with ways of tackling the skill set you're coming up against...

I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just an unrealistic expectation to place on someone to jump up so far in levels at once. I'm certainly not opposed to women managing men's teams if they get the opportunities to prove themselves through the levels, I'd quite like to see them given a chance at mens club level, why not?

It's not about them being women, it's about the levels they'd be trying to jump at once. I wouldn't want Frank Lampard as England manager because he hasn't proven anything at a good level in mens football, neither has a women's international manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.