Gareth Southgate

I said a weakened Germany not that they were weaker than us. Germany had our number in major tournaments since 1966 so beating them was a big result for England.
They were weaker though, that's the point. It was regarded as the worst German side in years, just check out their pre tournament results.
This is not unknown for anyone watching that tournament.

Wumming again i see.
Not that I particularly want to agree with that poster but there is no reason outside of prejudice and ego that a women couldn't manage England. Her success as the coach of the England women's team should really put her in the running.

You don't have to have played the mens game to any level or at all and the argument about the physicality is just bizarre.

Anyhow it's not happening because the game is run by men and the controversy is the exact opposite of what the FA are all about.

Just wanted to say that there is absolutely no reason a woman could not effectively manage a top level men’s football team, club or national.

There is nothing about the sport that cannot be understood by any sex and, if anything, women might possibly bring a different perspective or approach, as yet ignored by men, that could prove successful and/or influential.

The only thing really stopping it from happening is entrenched misogyny in the game, which extends well beyond the confines of Spain, France, or Argentina, where it is especially noticeable. We have a lot of misogynists and sexists in the UK, especially in football culture (fans, players, coaches, and admin alike), and they will have to be dragged kicking and screaming in to the future.

For fucks sake, if Southgate, Ten Hag, or Allardyce can manage a football team, a woman can fucking do it, and at no worse a level.

In fact, I suspect at a much higher level.

I don’t think there’s a woman managing a men’s professional team at any level in England yet some are suggesting we should give the top job in England to one?

The mind boggles on here sometimes…
1721261494510.png
Are you telling me if they gave the job to this former Engerland international the lads would not shit themselves and run through walls for her?

They were weaker though, that's the point. It was regarded as the worst German side in years, just check out their pre tournament results.
This is not unknown for anyone watching that tournament.

I think we have been better than other top tier nations before and still lost so I still see that result as breaking new ground for England. Unfortunately it didn't see a transformation in our results beyond that though, we still lost to Italy, France and Spain in subsequent tournaments and fundamentally other than that result Southgate did nothing a lot of previous managers hadn't done.

Just wanted to say that there is absolutely no reason a woman could not effectively manage a top level men’s football team, club or national.

There is nothing about the sport that cannot be understood by any sex and, if anything, women might possibly bring a different perspective or approach, as yet ignored by men, that could prove successful and/or influential.

The only thing really stopping it from happening is entrenched misogyny in the game, which extends well beyond the confines of Spain, France, or Argentina, where it is especially noticeable. We have a lot of misogynists and sexists in the UK, especially in football culture (fans, players, coaches, and admin alike), and they will have to be dragged kicking and screaming in to the future.

For fucks sake, if Southgate, Ten Hag, or Allardyce can manage a football team, a woman can fucking do it, and at no worse a level.

In fact, I suspect at a much higher level.
I am absolutely for a woman managing the england team as long as when the team is doing something wrong and they ask what it is she doesnt say if you dont know im not telling you.

View attachment 125652
Are you telling me if they gave the job to this former Engerland international the lads would not shit themselves and run through walls for her?
I'm telling you that they'd shit themselves and run through walls to get away from her.

I think we have been better than other top tier nations before and still lost so I still see that result as breaking new ground for England. Unfortunately it didn't see a transformation in our results beyond that though, we still lost to Italy, France and Spain in subsequent tournaments and fundamentally other than that result Southgate did nothing a lot of previous managers hadn't done.
England obviously have a history of failure in major tournaments. Of all the 'big' footballing nations we are certainly the biggest bottlers/most incompetent. So I haven't ever said Southgate is alone in his failure at this level it's an ongoing problem. He has though been rewarded far more than other managers for stinking the place out so often. He has been the definition of madness.

I think the FA after years of trying big names both home and abroad, the pathetic failure of the golden generation(that was some team on paper) and the sheer embarrassment of McClaren Hodgson and having to sack fat Sam, hit a brick wall.

They gave it Southgate expecting to probably have to replace him quite soon. However a mixture of very fortunate draws and fans/media refusing to critically judge what was in plain sight means he has managed to fail in exactly the same way over and over again. The FA probably were relieved they didn't have to go through finding another manager.

We have become a nation with a poor mentality, where beating average teams is lauded and those that do beat us are rated much higher than what they are just so we can claim we did well.

The 'yeah but we got to the final loons' have been a godsend to the FA and Waistcoats Bank balance.

England obviously have a history of failure in major tournaments. Of all the 'big' footballing nations we are certainly the biggest bottlers/most incompetent. So I haven't ever said Southgate is alone in his failure at this level it's an ongoing problem. He has though been rewarded far more than other managers for stinking the place out so often. He has been the definition of madness.

I think the FA after years of trying big names both home and abroad, the pathetic failure of the golden generation(that was some team on paper) and the sheer embarrassment of McClaren Hodgson and having to sack fat Sam, hit a brick wall.

They gave it Southgate expecting to probably have to replace him quite soon. However a mixture of very fortunate draws and fans/media refusing to critically judge what was in plain sight means he has managed to fail in exactly the same way over and over again. The FA probably were relieved they didn't have to go through finding another manager.

We have become a nation with a poor mentality, where beating average teams is lauded and those that do beat us are rated much higher than what they are just so we can claim we did well.

The 'yeah but we got to to the final loons' have been a godsend to the FA and Waistcoats Bank balance.
I think the press has alot to do with the poor mentality that the nation has, the thanks to gareth and we should be so proud nonsense after ANOTHER failure was cringeworthy claptrap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.