Spanish police

When I collected my ticket, I was told photo ID not necessarily passport at the stadium. I took my driving license and no-one asked to see it anyway.

Same here. Some of the lads were told passport only so I think it depended on who served you when you picked up the tickets. They didn't ask to see it at the entrance to the stadium anyway.

I'm sure the club are bothered and will investigate. Expecting them to fund legal expenses to sue the police is ludicrous.
what did the club do in the 2012 after 2012 in madrid could the club not have told the police before the match they will have there people watching and filming what happens

Same here. Some of the lads were told passport only so I think it depended on who served you when you picked up the tickets. They didn't ask to see it at the entrance to the stadium anyway.
I wasn't asked to show it once I got in the queue (crowd) at the stadium but the police made me and my mate show ours with our tickets to actually get from the road running down the side of the stadium to the stadium itself. I guess it depended on which twat you happened to deal with and what mood they were in at the moment you tried to get past them.

I wasn't asked to show it once I got in the queue (crowd) at the stadium but the police made me and my mate show ours with our tickets to actually get from the road running down the side of the stadium to the stadium itself. I guess it depended on which twat you happened to deal with and what mood they were in at the moment you tried to get past them.

Yeah, basically the whole thing was a shambles.

City should make representation to UEFA and Cameron get him to call in the Spanish Ambassador to explain the actions of those police, I'm still fuming over it and the more I read it just confirms I'll never go there again.

Nothing will happen, it will be the same every year. As a country we dont seem to have the balls to stand up to countries over football. They are allowed to treat us however they see fit. Yet fans come to Manchester and are treated like royalty.

City should make representation to UEFA and Cameron get him to call in the Spanish Ambassador to explain the actions of those police, I'm still fuming over it and the more I read it just confirms I'll never go there again.

You'd have thought that if the complaint reaches someone as high up as that then something should get done. I find it astonishing how the Madrid police don't appear to be accountable to anybody for their actions. This has happened numerous times before and will continue to do so. What makes it worse in terms of getting something done about it is that a poster earlier in this thread said they behave exactly the same way towards their own citizens who turn up at peaceful demos. If their own people are getting a raw deal off the police, then us non-locals are pissing in the wind.

Without wanting to fall out again with Blues but can we keep this on topic. I am not interested in the ticket colection process as it will derail a very important issue about Nasty THUG COPS. The two ladies I spoke to both (seperately) said they were going to contact City about what they saw, there is also a post a man seen collapsed on the spiral, I saw him on the floor being attended to, there is a post that suggests a woman steward pulled him over, is that correct ?

The violence that was handed out last night needs to be addressed by Uefa City and Madrid, I am not sure it will but if enough pressure is put on them who knows.

Nothing will happen, it will be the same every year. As a country we dont seem to have the balls to stand up to countries over football. They are allowed to treat us however they see fit. Yet fans come to Manchester and are treated like royalty.

Last week in Shambles Sq was a disgrace - City and Madrid fans drinking together and then the GMP turned up and told us we weren't welcome and they only wanted Madrid fans there....in a bar that is used by City fans at every home game!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.