Spiegel: Leaked European Super League information

'I think it would kill many of the clubs not involved which would be terrible', and you're still on the fence???

Edit: for clarity, I think it's a terrible idea.
I'm on the fence because we are at the top table now so would benefit - nobody gave a shite about us when we were going down the leagues so why should I ?

Plenty of teams struggling in lower league football, you need to open your eyes or look past the championship, Bury are in the dog shit, Carlisle not overly clever, Notts County footballs oldest team, served with a winding up order in Feb, plenty of others feeling the pinch, gates falling due to the high price for level of football on offer, player wages increasing even down at that level.
That's been the case since the 1960s. Teams overspend chasing the dream and paying wages beyond their means.

You can't blame the wage levels that players are demanding for the lower leagues on the proposed European Super League which hasn't yet happened and hopefully never will happen.

Agnelli statement at the ECA. Just scroll down the tweets.

He is saying he is fighting the fight for the top 16 to top 50 clubs not from top 5 leagues. That the model they proposed is good for European Football but the top leagues just want to keep the cake and don't share it with the teams from Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, Austria, etc.

I guess it is how he manages to convince them that this almost closed Super League is good (32 sure participants is better than what they have now, with Ajax not sure to be in Champions League next season for example).

I'm on the fence because we are at the top table now so would benefit - nobody gave a shite about us when we were going down the leagues so why should I ?
If it was wrong then it’s wrong now. Doesn’t matter where we were and where we are now, it’s what is supposed to separate us from the ‘istree boys, ffs.

the european league is on the cards and the so called big teams with history now fear manchester city in the champions league so want to take the ball away ?? if this last attempt from uefa on FFP with manchester city fails you know the european league will happen in the next 3 to 5 years

the european league is on the cards and the so called big teams with history now fear manchester city in the champions league so want to take the ball away ?? if this last attempt from uefa on FFP with manchester city fails you know the european league will happen in the next 3 to 5 years
It is not against City.
It is more like anti PL.
They think that they can draw more money from that super league, which would make City (to answer your fear) financial might more reachable for them. They want to even out for them to be able to compete financially with PL clubs doped by their TV rights.
The top PL clubs shouldn't really mind because they would be part of that closed shop.

It is not against City.
It is more like anti PL.
They think that they can draw more money from that super league, which would make City (to answer your fear) financial might more reachable for them. They want to even out for them to be able to compete financially with PL clubs doped by their TV rights.The top PL clubs shouldn't really mind because they would be part of that closed shop.

they want a european league because they FEAR manchester city ruling europe and the champions league, its nothing to do with the premier league and the money in england, when you have a team they (uefa) think is just a little club with no fans ?? and then they wake up and smell the coffee because somebody knew manchester city was a good investment a sleeping giant that was even bigger than united in the past

all it needed was the right people running the club knowing what they are doing and BINGO manchester city are better than united on and off the field of play ?? its simple even fergie thought never in my life time would manchester city be top dogs, but like every else forgot one simple rule FOOTBALL IS ABOUT FANS ??? and when manchester city are getting 30.000 week in week out in the old 3rd division something magic is there in blue and white in manchester

forget the rich owners and the money invested over the last 10 years ?? the bigger picture is manchester city fan base is growing and growing on a worldwide scale and its to late the giant monster is free and running loose and winning everything in england and the premier league titles are stacking up and it stands at 4 in 10 years, and if you take out the early building work needed its even more impressive and like 4 title in 6 years then you add 4 league cups 2 fa cups and 7 seasons in the champions league then it answers all their fears ???

i know what the so called big team in europe are after and its to sell their own tv rights to the highest bidders and the (european league) will be a internet based league on youtube or amazon or netflix, that's the only thing they still have over manchester city a better world wide fan base at the moment, and they want to kill of the monster and think by selling their own tv rights would give them a bigger margin in profits and then use a system like the FFP to hold manchester city back ????

but again they are thinking little old manchester city and knowbody told the truth to them the so called (big teams in europe) THAT MANCHESTER CITY WAS A BIGGER CLUB THEN UNITED and until the air disaster in munich united was just another football club from england and city was on a level playing field with them

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.