Spiegel: Leaked European Super League information

If it was wrong then it’s wrong now. Doesn’t matter where we were and where we are now, it’s what is supposed to separate us from the ‘istree boys, ffs.
Totally agree. The system is skewed against all aspiring clubs (not just City) The fact that Ajax have to qualify next season proves that the system is unfair. Just because City have become one of the so-called elite clubs in the richest league doesn't mean we have to start behaving like twats. The more competitive football is the better it is. It would be great if we could return to the days when clubs from places like Poland could reach the latter stages. One of the best things about the Premier League is the way that even clubs near the bottom get a large slice of the TV money cake.

As UEFA are so desperate to keep expanding the "champions league" to maximise revenue and secure participation for G14 style clubs that are struggling to legitimately qualify . One possible compromise I've thought that could work and be reasonably fair.

8 groups of 6 teams No seeded bollocks and only restriction to limit 2 teams from same country as a maximum.

10 group games gives every club and uefa their slice of tv pie cash.

Bottom club is relegated & cant compete the following season unless they qualify as champions domestically, if they qualify in 2/3/4 etc their place is taken by the next league position (this ensures no dead rubbers at end when teams cant top the group.

The 8 Group winners into 2 legged quarters finals again no seeding or nationality restrictions.

More games for UEFA and the dross that only aspires to get to last 16 like Arsenal :-)

Reasonably sure way of getting worthy teams through the group stage I cant see a team losing 4 games finishing top to qualify for quarters.

And a maximum of 2 additional games for the winners instead of some of really stupid suggestions that have been mooted.

they want a european league because they FEAR manchester city ruling europe and the champions league, its nothing to do with the premier league and the money in england, when you have a team they (uefa) think is just a little club with no fans ?? and then they wake up and smell the coffee because somebody knew manchester city was a good investment a sleeping giant that was even bigger than united in the past

all it needed was the right people running the club knowing what they are doing and BINGO manchester city are better than united on and off the field of play ?? its simple even fergie thought never in my life time would manchester city be top dogs, but like every else forgot one simple rule FOOTBALL IS ABOUT FANS ??? and when manchester city are getting 30.000 week in week out in the old 3rd division something magic is there in blue and white in manchester

forget the rich owners and the money invested over the last 10 years ?? the bigger picture is manchester city fan base is growing and growing on a worldwide scale and its to late the giant monster is free and running loose and winning everything in england and the premier league titles are stacking up and it stands at 4 in 10 years, and if you take out the early building work needed its even more impressive and like 4 title in 6 years then you add 4 league cups 2 fa cups and 7 seasons in the champions league then it answers all their fears ???

i know what the so called big team in europe are after and its to sell their own tv rights to the highest bidders and the (european league) will be a internet based league on youtube or amazon or netflix, that's the only thing they still have over manchester city a better world wide fan base at the moment, and they want to kill of the monster and think by selling their own tv rights would give them a bigger margin in profits and then use a system like the FFP to hold manchester city back ????

but again they are thinking little old manchester city and knowbody told the truth to them the so called (big teams in europe) THAT MANCHESTER CITY WAS A BIGGER CLUB THEN UNITED and until the air disaster in munich united was just another football club from england and city was on a level playing field with them
Sorry but the changes they want to implement wouldn't be detrimental to City at all. City would be among the "founding members".

What those changes would do is shift the money generated by the leagues to the "Champions League". Which means the clubs that benefit more from national league TV rights will lose in the process. PL clubs are the one getting the most from their national league. For City, it would be not bad because they would still profit from the increased TV rights of that new "Champions League".

To put it simply, it is more like a "Fuck the leagues ! Glory to our private and select cartel of clubs !" type of move.

I hope that this European super league just does not happen. What I want to know is how it is going to work out, in terms off these games being played. Is it instead off the Champions League, or is it to replace the top leagues in their respective countries. If this is what the top clubs in Europe want I do not want this club to be party to anything like this. I would prefer that we stay out of this, so called super league and have nothing to do with it.

If this European super league is instead of the Champions League, after a couple of seasons if your continually playing more or less the same teams, I can't se that the football fan will turn out to watch these games. It will just turn out that fans will switch off their TV's and watch something else instead. Plus the home fans will just get bored of watching the same European teams turning up season after season. I know I would.

The Champions League is all right as it is. All that is need is to make it more interesting is to just seed the top 8 clubs. After that just put all the rest of the balls in one pot, then draw them out one after the other. So the 1st ball out after they have drawn the top 8 balls and put them in their group. Then the second round of the draw the1st ball out this would go in group A, 2nd in group B and so on, until the 8 balls have been drawn. Then the 3rd round would start again with the 1st ball out in group A and son until the 3rd round has been completed. The 4th round would be exactly the same as the previous rounds.

The only thing I would change is that only the top 2 teams in the top leagues in Europe can play in the Champions league, and open up the spaces for teams from the so called minor leagues of Holland, Norway, Poland, etc.. From these minor the top team qualifies automatically. Afterall this is suppose to be the Champions League, so teams that finish 2nd, 3rd, or 4th should not really be in it at all.

The rulers of UEFA should really come up with a better name then the Champions League. I don't think that the winners of the Champions League for a good few years have won their domestic league. So those team shave won it be default because by rights they really should not be in this tournament, as they were not champions of their respective leagues.

I'd rather we ceased to exist as a club than join that fucking sham. No surprise it's lead by the teams who have fucked their own leagues up so badly that no one wants to watch them anymore, along with the teams who can't win leagues properly anymore so want to change the rules

If that came to pass then it would bring about a serious re-alignment for many supporters. Sixteen teams so we get thirty games - fifteen home matches instead of nineteen - mmmm! and away games at Turin, Madrid, Trafford, CoachWreckers, etc. I think I would look at STs at the Crown Oil Arena if I suffered any withdrawal symptoms! It's something that doesn't bear thinking about!

Sorry but the changes they want to implement wouldn't be detrimental to City at all. City would be among the "founding members".

What those changes would do is shift the money generated by the leagues to the "Champions League". Which means the clubs that benefit more from national league TV rights will lose in the process. PL clubs are the one getting the most from their national league. For City, it would be not bad because they would still profit from the increased TV rights of that new "Champions League".

To put it simply, it is more like a "Fuck the leagues ! Glory to our private and select cartel of clubs !" type of move.

it will in a way ??

The Harlem Globetrotters of european football want a bigger slice of the pie and want to cut out the middle man in skysport or BT sport and go it alone with the european league and with them selling tv rights to their games, most of the clubs have their own tv channel anyway so all they would need is the internet and a host like amazon or youtube and a subscription fee and the world is your oyster

the armchair fan base is their target and a small fee of £10 to £20 a game you can watch the european league, knowing manchester city are not as strong with the viewing figures on the world stage they have to act now before we get a fan base to match them ?? would manchester city leave the premier league ??? i don't think any off our clubs can leave the league without damaging the international team and our standing

the FFP would be based on money generated from the european league and with the bigger clubs cornering the market with their own selling tv right deals and shirt sales they would crush manchester city right now ?? maybe in another 5 years manchester city could be up there with them and that is why they want to keep man city from winning the champions league as long as they can ?? manchester city are close to being a giant of european football and uefa and FFP can not touch us now ? we are no longer a football club that needs big investment and we are a club living off our own revenue for the last 3 seasons, and this season the annual revenue will be smashed with winning the 4 honors and a good run in the champions league ?? and don't forget the new shirt deal with puma the club will never be up in front of FFP again

They have at no moment proposed to leave the national leagues.

They propose to have more games for every team in that new Champions League which means bigger income.
They propose to move the game to the week end while national leagues would be played in the midweek to get more audience and get bigger income.

You don't have to see a trap for City in any new reform. What they propose is to grab the money bag that was going to not top 6 PL clubs (since it is where the money is) and share it between their select group of 32 clubs . City and PSG would be part of those 32.

They propose to have more games for every team in that new Champions League which means bigger income.
They propose to move the game to the week end while national leagues would be played in the midweek to get more audience and get bigger income.

You don't have to see a trap for City in any new reform. What they propose is to grab the money bag that was going to not top 6 PL clubs (since it is where the money is) and share it between their select group of 32 clubs . City and PSG would be part of those 32.

Is the correct answer. They want some of the money swilling around the PL. Otherwise there will be even more PL v PL European Cup Finals.

It won’t happen,it’s surely being driven by clubs who are jealous of the money the premier league generates for those clubs,yeah let’s play league games on a tues /weds and euro superleague on sat /sun,nope it’s a big no from me ...

Cant see the premier league agreeing with that moving games to midweek! Wonder how many midweek games theyd be in a season out of 38 games?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.