Spiegel: Leaked European Super League information

I don't know what your profession is but you would make a bloody good journalist, superb piece of writing.

Oh that it were so, I am about as diametrically opposed as you could imagine, having spent 25 years trading derivatives I now run a restaurant. Thank you however for your kind words and if MEN are looking I am available if they throw in the season ticket.

There was a semi serious point though, it maybe just the cynicism of my progressing years but does anyone, including the kids, get as dizzy about a group stage match in the champions league as we did huddled round the telly watching Alan Davies on the bus on the way to the stadium. If I suggested to my 14 year old that we watch the bus ride to the stadium he would have me committed.

Give me Ajax v St Etienne any day of the week. In short I oppose anything that is imposed to try and maintain the status quo, and if that is to the detriment of Man City so be it. I used to detest the fact there was no automatic relegation from the fourth division, and think the league benefited from allowing better run teams into the league, it also allows the followers of Non League sides to dream that one day they may play in the professional leagues. Football should not be viewed only as a business and as it incrementally is, the more people will fall out of love with "beautiful game", if ever there were a case of killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

we were talking about a super league the other day.
I thought 20 teams would be involved. the first question is when would games be played? if they were over the weekend football in this country as we know it would collapse. the the Villa's, Watfords and so would just crumble. League 1 and 2 definitely will.

STOP THIS RIGHT NOW.
What's all this super league talk? David Silva as a scrum half. Can't see it. Lukaku as a thick as pig shot prop forward? Yeah.

Well if we ever walked away from our domestic league that would be the end of my 34 years as a season ticket holder.
Dont wont absolutely nothing to do with this..

I already hate the Champions League.

And when you don’t play everyone in the competition, it can’t prove you’re the best team in Europe, all it does is just show you’re the best team from the small selection of teams you drew by chance.

To prove you’re the best you should be playing all the best teams in a league format, not some randomers and then the odd good team now and again.

I’m all for a European Champions LEAGUE. But the teams should be there on merit from winning their league. And the likes of AC Milan and Liverpool who have won fuck all this decade should be laughed at at the prospect of being entered. United could finish 7th this season, that means they should be laughed at at the prospect of being entered.

United could finish 7th this season, that means they should be laughed at
I will laugh if it happens, in fact 5th or 6th too.

Champions league - should never include anyone who isn't, quite simple really, and that includes us, in 5 of the 8 years we 'qualified'.

Liverpool wouldn't have been in it since 1990, 28 years ago.

Too many shithouse journalist feeding there own agenda whilst hiding behind the word "allegedly"

Too many shithouse journalist feeding there own agenda whilst hiding behind the word "allegedly"

Bingo got it in one. No one will put their name to it being concrete, the shite der speigal seems to be getting less controversial and more laughable by the day. The only wrong doers here are them and paying for stolen information. Surely a breach of GDPR rules?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.