Spike Milligan ..... anyone else a fan of his ?

Wouldn't claim to have been a particular fan but - long story, short - happened to see him perform live way back in 1983 and he was hilarious. Don't remember any detail of his performance other than I enjoyed it way more than I expected to.

I always remember a sketch on the tele. He was a weather man stood in front of a map of the UK. he drew a line across the middle and said 'all those above the line will have wet and windy weather, all those below it will have sunshine and those under the line...……………. will be covered in chalk.'

Totally stupid but oh so funny.

remember in the Q series, he ended sketches by "what are we going to do now?"

got into this from spike but would never get away with today

Curry & Chips

Yes - his TV work - war diaries - I like odd off beat humour ( Vic and Bob do that sort of stuff now and I PMSL at them ) - with the rose tints off I will accept that some can be a bit hit and miss and its of its time so could offend some but I'll allow him that - the Goon Show is often on BBCR4Extra and I still laugh out load at that.

Which one is the piano under lol - and I like how John Bluthal does Melvin Bragg and Hughie Green

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.