Sporting CP (H) - CL Last 16 - Wed 9th March, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCFC1993

Kick off time 20:00 (GMT). Live on BT Sport for those in the UK.

I don't want to be too disrespectful and say this game is a foregone conclusion but it's about as comfortable as it gets going into a 2nd leg Champions League Knockout game. A chance to rotate and keep players fresh for Palace (A) on the following Monday.

We've a bit of an issue at centre back, with doubts over Ake and Dias' injuries, so Laporte and Stones need wrapping up.

Absentee's v United
Ruben Dias
Nathan Ake
Cole Palmer
Zack Steffan

Risk of Suspension if booked:
Joao Cancelo
Kevin De Bruyne

1st Leg
Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 19.26.11.png
Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 19.26.21.png

Last edited:
How serious was Ake's injury? We know Dias is out for a while, but could really use Nathan back in soon to rest Stones or Laporte. Would be nice to see Palmer again too.

Kick off time 20:00 (GMT). Live on BT Sport for those in the UK.

I don't want to be too disrespectful and say this game is a foregone conclusion but it's about as comfortable as it gets going into a 2nd leg Champions League Knockout game. A chance to rotate and keep players fresh for Palace (A) on the following Monday.

We've a bit of an issue at centre back, with doubts over Ake and Dias' injuries, so Laporte and Stones need wrapping up.

Absentee's v United
Ruben Dias
Nathan Ake
Gabriel Jesus
Cole Palmer
Zack Steffan

1st Leg
View attachment 37973
View attachment 37972
Jesus was on the bench.

Zinchenko the only nailed on starter here. Think Pep will go with a suprisingly strong starting 11

Ederson, Cancelo, Stones, Laporte, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Gundogan, McAtee, Sterling, Grealish, Jesus.

Game time for those who've been out for a while. Can't really give Cancelo a rest given our defensive woes. Maybe he comes off after an hour provided Sporting haven't somehow nicked a few goals to make it nervy and Mbete can have half an hour (presuming Ake being out).

Ederson, Cancelo, Stones, Laporte, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Gundogan, McAtee, Sterling, Grealish, Jesus.

Game time for those who've been out for a while. Can't really give Cancelo a rest given our defensive woes. Maybe he comes off after an hour provided Sporting haven't somehow nicked a few goals to make it nervy and Mbete can have half an hour (presuming Ake being out).
I’d be happy with that, though even happier if Delap featured.

I’d be happy with that, though even happier if Delap featured.
just think Jesus needs the minutes if he's going to be any use for the remainder of the season. Maybe Grealish could just do a half if all goes to plan. Also just figuring Pep won't dump a load of youngsters in as that's not his thing, so I snuck McAtee in out of sheer blind hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.