Sporting Moment of the Decade

Alex Honnold's free solo climb (no ropes/safety gear) of Yosemite's El Capitan. 3000ft cliff in which one mistake would result in death. First human to achieve it, may never be repeated.
alex-honnold-freerider-free-solo.ngsversion.1496602819017.adapt_.1900.1.jpg

Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson climbing the Dawn Wall (once again in Yosemite). First time the route has been climbed, was deemed impossible for years. Took Tommy 7 years to find a route up the blank section of 3000ft tall granite.
caldwell1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqrXQPXGvM58CJoUBPwmOnP4AUi_eAXJmjTzXoJ-uDM54.jpg

Alex Honnold's free solo climb (no ropes/safety gear) of Yosemite's El Capitan. 3000ft cliff in which one mistake would result in death. First human to achieve it, may never be repeated.
alex-honnold-freerider-free-solo.ngsversion.1496602819017.adapt_.1900.1.jpg

Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson climbing the Dawn Wall (once again in Yosemite). First time the route has been climbed, was deemed impossible for years. Took Tommy 7 years to find a route up the blank section of 3000ft tall granite.
caldwell1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqrXQPXGvM58CJoUBPwmOnP4AUi_eAXJmjTzXoJ-uDM54.jpg
I watched a documentary on the Alex climb and he is one unique bloke who I can’t imagine will live to see old age. He seemed to have a death wish and accepted he would die climbing. That might be common with these types of athletes but it makes my stomach turn just watching them do it. Incredible stamina and composure to do that and an unbelievable achievement.

93:20...it shouldn’t even need a poll. The greatest moment in the most popular league and sport in the world. Its the greatest and most dramatic moment in football history. That might be hard for United and Liverpool fans but it’s the truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.