Sports induced asthma

Armaan

Wonder if there’s anyone on here that can help me out with this. I play five a side 2/3 times a week but every game after barely 2 mins of running I’m hand on knees absolutely knackered. Clearly this isn’t normal and I was told my a mate that it could be sports induced asthma? Had a look at the symptoms and it says shortness of breath, wheezing and coughing.

Now the last two I don’t get. My diet is quite healthy too so I don’t see any reason why I’m always getting so tired. Any blue moon docs that can advise me?

Have your gp send you for a lung X-ray, might sound dramatic, but I suffer from asthma since childhood, but it's severity comes and goes, at times when it gets bad it is because of fluid build up in the lungs and I am given a dose of steroids to clear it and can go years fine.

Cardiac asthma it is called

Have your gp send you for a lung X-ray, might sound dramatic, but I suffer from asthma since childhood, but it's severity comes and goes, at times when it gets bad it is because of fluid build up in the lungs and I am given a dose of steroids to clear it and can go years fine.

Cardiac asthma it is called
Cheers mate sounds like I will have to ring up tomorrow. Asthma runs in my family but nobody has sports induced asthma. I get abuse every game for not running nobody believes me lol.

Asthma is mostly genetic,so chances are you have it,ring your dr, it's easy to diagnose and treat with long acting broncodilators if you only get it when playing sport

Cheers mate sounds like I will have to ring up tomorrow. Asthma runs in my family but nobody has sports induced asthma. I get abuse every game for not running nobody believes me lol.

Always best to check it, just to be clear cardiac asthma is rather a heart complaint than asthma and tbf the last time I was bad with my asthma I was sent for an X-ray and found I had suffered from it seperate to my asthma and was a different affliction, only happened once, the otger bronchial issues where I needed steroids is what I get every so often

You sound like you have exersice enduced bronchitis which is form of asthma

Info here

https://www.asthma.org.uk/advice/triggers/exercise/

I suffer from asthma as well mate. Used to be really bad a couple of years ago but then chilled out but it is starting again now. I've always had issues when doing sports though even though I would say I'm a relatively fit/active lad. I did just have 2 puffs of the good old inhaler before playing football and then I would be okay majority of the time. If needed, I'd just chill out, take 2 more puffs and carry on when I felt normal again.

Asthma is mostly genetic,so chances are you have it,ring your dr, it's easy to diagnose and treat with long acting broncodilators if you only get it when playing sport
Thank you for your advice Karen :)

Always best to check it, just to be clear cardiac asthma is rather a heart complaint than asthma and tbf the last time I was bad with my asthma I was sent for an X-ray and found I had suffered from it seperate to my asthma and was a different affliction, only happened once, the otger bronchial issues where I needed steroids is what I get every so often

You sound like you have exersice enduced bronchitis which is form of asthma

Info here

https://www.asthma.org.uk/advice/triggers/exercise/
Thanks for the link mate, I’ll have a look at it now. Heart issues are always scary, all the best with your health!

I suffer from asthma as well mate. Used to be really bad a couple of years ago but then chilled out but it is starting again now. I've always had issues when doing sports though even though I would say I'm a relatively fit/active lad. I did just have 2 puffs of the good old inhaler before playing football and then I would be okay majority of the time. If needed, I'd just chill out, take 2 more puffs and carry on when I felt normal again.
Is yours normal asthma or does it only come when you run about ? Got a game tomorrow might take a couple of puffs on my brothers inhaler to see if it helps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.